十七

"cold blood, black heart. i can see your lies in your eyes"

Taeyong had never really taken the time to appreciate the colors in the world. The way the blue of the sky turned to a wispy rainbow when the sun set, or when the sky faded away to make room for the light of the stars.

The world was full of color, and each color could be associated with something. Yellow was the sun, or the flowers under your feet. Green was the grass, and the seaweed that floats in the vast ocean.

Black was the night sky, that Taeyong had once loved. The only black Taeyong saw now was the gleaming black of the casket being lowered into the ominous ground, and the tie Ten had so desperately tried to fix before coming to this awful ceremony.

If you asked anyone else what they connected to black, they would say Taeyong.

His eyes had faded into a dull color, almost matching the eye bags underneath. His heart was crumbling and bruised, the remains of what once was slowly being forgotten.

Taeyong's eyes poured out what his heart was feeling as Ten rubbed gentle circles on his back, Johnny by his side. Mark and Donghyuck were with them too, dressed up in the nicest clothes they could find, occasionally sending Taeyong sad smiles.

They could only watch as their old friend was buried into the Earth. Taeyong wasn't a very religious person, but he believed in miracles. Jaehyun had been his miracle, and he could only hope that if God was real, he was protecting Jaehyun with every angel he could.

Taeyong glanced around his circle of friends, grateful they hadn't left him too.

"Guys, can I talk to him?" He croaked out. The four looked at each other warily, unsure if Taeyong was stable enough to be left alone.

After a few moments of silent debate, Ten gave him a small nod and ushered Mark and Donghyuck away, following after them with Johnny.

Taeyong kneeled onto the freshly packed dirt and stared at the only thing left of Jaehyun.

Jung Jaehyun
Feb. 14, 1997 - Aug. 18, 2018
"I love you, too"

Roses were scattered along the base of the grave, courtesy of Donghyuck. Taeyong picked one up, carefully spinning it between his fingers.

Roses were beautiful flowers. They were colorful and intricate, but also eerie and dark. The petals were delicate and gentle, and were the most conspicuous part of the flower. But if you looked farther in, you saw the thorns that followed, reminding everyone that nothing beautiful in life comes without pain.

It was like love.

And as Taeyong glanced between the flower and the gravestone, he knew he would never stop loving Jaehyun. He would forever be obsessed with Jaehyun's love.

But when one rose died, a new one would eventually grow in it's place. It would take time, and it would take care, but another rose would eventually bloom,

to fill the emptiness that was once there.

Jaehyun was his rose that would forever bloom in his heart.

___________________________________

it's freaking done aHhHhhH

BOOK #3 MARKHYUCK

It'll be just as angsty and plot twisting.