Super Sibling Rivalry

It's hard to say when it all began. I suppose sometime after our parents' death. That's the first time I felt something inside me change. I know my brother felt it too. But of course I just ignored it and grieved like any other ten year old would do.

The real changes started happening when I was thirteen. Like when I was lazy and tried to blindly reach for something farther than expected, but still managed to get it perfectly fine. Or when I got into a super intense part in my favourite book, and my book caught on fire. (Don't tell Gran). Or that time I got into a fight with my brother, and slammed my bedroom door so hard one of the hinges fell off. Little things like that.

I know my brother was feeling the same way too. He started keeping to himself more, which was very unusual since he's usually very chatty. My Gran just passed it off as a moody teenager faze, however I knew it was different. I knew he felt like me. My brother also started being insanely gentle with everything he touched. And I noticed he had a little float with his step too. Small things that we both noticed with each other.

Things are different now. Much more advanced, for sure. Like I said, It's hard to tell when it started, but everything has changed.

I knew I had them, and he knew he had them. We both knew that both of us had them, and we both knew that we both knew. We just didn't talk about it. We didn't talk about them, acknowledge them, or even use the word 'powers'. It was just something that we knew, but was unspoken of.

It made us closer in a way, but also pushed us farther apart. I would go off on my own to practice mine, and he would go off on his own to practice his. We never did anything together.

Sometimes I would catch him doing something little, something that he didn't mean to be caught doing or didn't necessarily know he was doing. I'm sure he's caught me dozens of times as well. We never say anything. we never mention it. Occasionally we'll make eye contact, but our mouths remain shut.

Until a damsel in distress needed saving.

And by damsel and distress I mean Connor.

(Super Sibling Rivalry. Coming Soon)