Chapter 4:

Lana came over to the house and all three of us were in the living room.
"So, Whitney do you think you might end up going to Kanas State?" I ask.
Whitney looks at me all sad. "No, I didn't get in," he says.
"Whitney I'm sorry for bringing it up."
"It's ok you didn't know."
I was about to say something when my phone rang. I get up and go outside. "Hi, Lex," I say.
"Hi Sam," Lex says. "I am sorry about hitting you with the door."
"Lex it's ok, I am perfectly fine."
"I want to take you out on a date tomorrow night. If that's ok?"
"Well in the morning I am going to the hospital with my brother to see my dad. But I think it will be fine."
"Ok how bout I pick you up at 8:00?"
"That sounds good Lex. See you then."
"See you then bye."
"Bye," I hang up the phone and go back inside to see Whitney staring at me. "What?" I ask.
"Who was that on the phone?" Whitney asks.
"Just a friend," I say.
Lana turns around. "Let me guess it was Lex Luthor," she says.
"Why would Lex Luthor call my sister?" Whitney asks.
"Early he hit her in the head with the door by accident."
Whitney looks at me. "No one hits my sister." Whitney was about to walk out the door but I stopped him.
"Whitney stop! You are not going to hurt him ok," I say sternly.
"Why do you care about him Sam?" Whitney asks.
"Well Whitney I happen to be going on a date with him tomorrow night."
"Oh. I would be careful around him Sam."
"I will be fine Whitney."
"I am just looking out for you!"
"I don't need you to protect me all the time you are not dad!"
"Well I am your brother and that gives me a reason to be overprotective!"
"You don't need to be over dramatic about me going on a date with a guy that I might end up actually like." I then storm up to my room and cry.
Whitney then walks in. "Sam I am sorry," he says. "You were right I was over dramatic."
"You think," I say. "Look Whitney Lex was nice enough to help me get inside and put ice on my head. Why can't you just trust me that he is nothing like his father."
"I know that and you know what?"
"What?"
"I see that you look deeper then what you see on the surface you try and like everyone by their personality and that is why I love you."
"You best love me anyway."
"If any man try's to hurt they will have to face me." I smile at his statement.
"I love you to Whitney."