Chapter 24:

I am now at the end of my pregnancy term and Lana brought me to the hospital because I am now having the baby.
Lex is at the LuthorCorp plant here in Smallville because there is a hostage situation.
The doctor came into check up on me. "We're going to the delivery room now," the doctor says.
"I need to wait for my fiancé," I say in between contractions.
"I'm sorry Ms. Fordman but we are going to have to take you to the delivery room now."
"Sam you need to go. I will try and call Lex again," Lana says.
"Ok," I say.
The doctor then takes me to the delivery room.

(Lex's POV)
The hostage situation at the plant is now over. I pull out my phone and see that I have about 30 missed calls from Sam.
I call her back. "Hello," someone on the other end says that is not Sam.
"Who is this?" I ask.
"It's Lana," she says.
"Ok Lana. Where's Sam?"
"She's at the hospital and I am here with her."
With that I hang up the phone and start heading toward my car.
I stop when I feel a hand on my shoulder.
I turn around to see my father.
"Where are you going son?" He asks.
"I'm going to the hospital because my fiancée happens to be there," I say.
"I don't think your little fiancée wants you at the hospital."
"She actually does dad so just let me go to her."
"Why do you care about her?"
"Because she happens to have changed my life, she made me realize things, I love her, and she happens to be the mother of my child. Why do you not like her dad? She's not doing anything wrong."
"She's getting in the way of you and your success."
"No she's not dad. She's just trying to help me get to success. You are just wanting me to fail and not succeed while she does."
I get in my car and drive to the hospital. I pull into the parking lot of the hospital and once I am in a parking space I turn the engine off and walk inside. Once I'm inside I see Lana.
"Lana," I say.
Lana looks at me and stands up. "Hi Lex," she says. "I think Sam is still in the delivery room."
"So she's having the baby?"
"Yes but I'm not sure if she is in her room or not."
I walk up to the front desk. "Excuse me," I say. The receptionist looks up. "How may I help you Mr. Luthor?" She asks.
"Is Sam Fordman still in the delivery room?"
"Let me see." She gets onto her computer and checks. "She just got out and she is back in her room."
"What room is she in?"
"She's in room 412."
"Thank you."
I start looking for room 412.

(Sam's POV)
I'm in my room holding the baby. Since Lex and I agreed on Shawn Clark Luthor that is what I named him.
I start to think about Whitney and how he would have loved Shawn. I found out that Whitney died in action while over seas a few weeks ago. Shawn will never get to me his uncle Whitney but we will get to met his uncle Clark, uncle Pete, and his grandpa Jonathan.
"Sam," someone says from the doorway.
I look up to see Lex. "Hi sweetie. Come meet your son. Please," I say.
Lex walks over to my bedside and sits down in a chair.
I hand him Shawn. "I hope you don't mind that I named him Shawn Clark."
"I don't mind. I actually wanted him to be named that." Lex looks down at Shawn. "Hi," he says to him and Shawn just smiles up at Lex which makes me smile.

A/N: Sorry if I have misspelled LuthorCorp in the past. It is kind of hard at times to know for sure.