Chapter 7:

(Sam's POV)
Whitney picks the reddish pink mid-length dress. I look in the mirror at my reflection.
My dress, makeup, and hair:

I am still in my room and Whitney walks in

I am still in my room and Whitney walks in. "Lex is downstairs waiting," he says.
"Ok. How do I look?" I ask.
"You look beautiful."
"Thanks Whitney. You are the best little brother in the world I am lucky to have a brother like you."
"You best be happy you have me has your brother because your stuck with me." Whitney says while laughing.
"I rather be stuck with you anyways."
"Promise me you will be careful?"
"I promise to be careful Whitney because I want to be here with my little brother and mom."
"I just don't want to lose you."
"Whitney, I will always be your sister, I will always love you, I will always be here for you, and I will never leave you."
"Ok I promise the same exact things but instead of sister it's brother."
"I know that." I hug Whitney. "I best get going or Lex will think that I don't want to go."
I walk downstairs and see Lex sitting on the couch. I clear my throat and Lex turns around. Once Lex sees me his mouth drops.
"Do I look terrible?" I ask.
"No you don't," he says. Lex walks over to me and I take his hand into mine. "You look beautiful."
I blush. "Thanks and you look handsome."
"You ready?"
"Ya. Ready as I'll ever be."
Lex leads me out to the passenger side door and opens the door for me. "Thank you Lex."
"Not a problem." I get in and Lex closes the door and walks to the drivers side. "I hope you don't mind but we are actually going to be going to one of my father's parties."
"I don't mind but I should have dressed nicer."
"You look beautiful you don't need to change a thing."
"What if no one likes me?"
"They will like you."
"If you say so."

We get to the party and has soon as we walk in people start to stare at us.
Lex leans closer to my ear. "Will you pretend to be my girlfriend?" He asks me while whispering it.
"Yes but," I say.
"But what?"
"I know we just meet yesterday but I thought you would actually ask me out."
Then a woman and her husband I suppose walks up to us.
"Hi, Mr. Luthor," the woman says.
"Hi Mrs. Queen," Lex says grabbing her hand and kisses it.
The woman looks over at me with a disgusted look. "Who is this?" She asks.
"This is my girlfriend Sam Fordman," Lex says putting his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.
I put my arm around him. "Hi," I say.
Mrs. Queen sticks out her hand for a handshake and so does Mr. Queen. I shake both of their hands. "You deserve better Mr. Luthor," Mrs. Queen says then she walks off with her husband.
"See Lex I told you no one here likes me," I say.
I walk off. I find a door leading to a balcony. After a while being on the balcony by myself I feel Lex's arm around my waist. "Sam, is it not ok for just me to," Lex starts but he doesn't finish his sentence.
"What Lex? All my life people haven't accepted me for who I am. Ya my mom and dad have accepted me but they just wanted me to leave and never come back to Smallville. They mainly wanted Whitney to have a bright future. In some cases they never cared about me. The only person who cared about, who has been there for me, and has been there for me when I need them the most is my brother. My brother is the only one I am close to. No one else loved me for who I was and I thought no one would ever love me. I still do think that Lex," I say and I start crying.
Lex pulls me into a hug. "Sam, what I was going to say is that I love you. I love you for you. I can tell you have an amazing personality, you care for everyone, your loving, smart, kind, gentle, loyal, trustworthy, honest, and you can be stubborn at times but still I love you and I when I am around you are all that matters. Will you be my girlfriend?"
I pull away from the hug and kiss Lex on the lips. As soon as I pull away from the kiss he puts his forehead against mine. "I will be your girlfriend Lex."