Chapter 10:

Lex and I are at the Talon eating breakfast.
"Are you sure your ok Sam? You looked worried when you woke up," Lex says grabbing my hand into his.
"It was just a bad dream," I say.
"About what?"
I look up at Lex. "My ex was in it. You and Whitney was in it also. My ex was VERY abusive physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially."
"Why would he ever do that to you?"
"I don't know." I pulled my sleeve up and showed Lex my forearm that has the scar from one time when Jack abused me. "He gave me this."
Lex grabbed my arm. "Oh my god. What is your ex's name?"
"Lex, look in my dream you and Whitney told me that you hated me. And my ex slapped me and pretty my told me I don't deserve a life."
"I would never hate you. I love you so much Sam. Can you please tell me your ex's name?"
"His name is Jack Cross."
I get up to go outside and get some fresh air. I look up and freeze. I see Jack walking towards the counter.
I walk back towards the table Lex is sitting at. He looks up and sees me worried. "Sam, babe what's wrong?" Lex asks.
"Jack is here," I say.
Lex gets up. "Let's go ok."
"Ok."
We start walking and Lex gets ahead of me. I then bump into someone and coffee is slipped all over me.
I look up to see who I bumped into and see Jack staring back at me. "What are you doing here?" Jack asks.
"It's none of your business Jack," I say.
Lex then realizes that I am not beside him and he starts to walk back to me.
Jack then grabs my throat but Lex stops him and pins him to the wall. "If I ever see you near her again or anywhere close to her about to harm her I will make sure your life is a living hell! You got that?" Lex yells at Jack.
"Why are you protecting her? She's a nobody," Jack says.
"Lana can you get Sam out of here please?"
Lana then leads me outside. I start to pace back and forth scared of what might happen to Lex.
I go back inside. I get in between Lex and Jack. "Just stop," I say.
I then get hit by Jack and fall to the floor. As I hit the ground my head hit the ground hard and I black out.

I wake up in the hospital. I look around the room and see Whitney sitting down beside me. I grab his hand.
Whitney looks up at me. "Hey Sam," he says. "How you feeling?"
"I have a headache but I will be fine," I say. "Is Lex here?"
"Ya he is in the waiting room."
"Can you go get him for me please?"
"Ya." Whitney gets up and walks out the room.
After about a few minutes I here someone running. I look at the doorway and see Lex running in.
"Sam," Lex says. Lex comes over by the bed at sits down.
"Hey," I say.
"This is my fault."
"Nothing is your fault Lex."
"It is my fault that you are here in the hospital."
"Lex, baby please don't blame yourself. I am ok I promise."