| 05 |

~=~

  Astrilde found herself a few hours later sitting around a glass table littered with alcohol, magazines, and chinese takeout. The Avengers, Maria Hill, Doctor Helen Cho, and James Rhodes were also there. The party had all but dissipated in the tower, which left the group of friends, and acquaintances, alone.

  Astrilde was completely sober again, her conversation with Natasha had prompted her to stop drinking. For some reason, Astrilde was rarely a blackout drunk, but she acted as if she was so that she could avoid unnecessary conversation with the Black Widow. Not that Natasha technically believed her lies.

  Everybody was laughing around the table, talking about how Mjolnir was unmoveable to anyone other than her brother. Which was technically wrong, as Astrilde could lift the hammer almost as easily as Thor could, and probably even before the God of Thunder had been deemed "worthy" by her father.

  "But it's a trick!" Clint exclaimed, twirling a drumstick in his hand.

  "No, no. It's much more than that," Thor informed the archer.

  "Oh, he who be worthy shall haveth the power!" Clint gestured towards the hammer in a mocking manner. "Whatever, man. It's a trick!"

  "Please, be my guest," Thor gestured towards the hammer, smiling in amusement. Astrilde also smiled, she knew that none of the mortals would be able to lift Mjolnir fully.

  "Come on," Tony urged Clint.

  "Really?" Clint asked Thor.

  "Yeah," Thor responded, also urging the archer to try.

  "Oh this is going to be beautiful," Rhodey said, sitting back to watch as Clint walked over to the hammer.

  "Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up," Tony said as Clint arrived in front of Mjolnir. Everybody, even Astrilde, chuckled at Tony's crude joke.

  Clint then grabbed the hammer by its handle and tried to pick it up, unsuccessfully so. Clint laughed it off, but was still trying to lift Mjolnir off the table.

  "I don't know how you do it," Clint laughed, finally giving up. "Please, Stark, by all means."

  Tony stood up,"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge. It's physics. Alright, so if I lift it, I-I then rule Asgard?" Physics? What is that?

  "Yes, of course," Thor responded.

  "I will be reinstituting Prima Nocta," Tony proclaimed, before trying to lift the hammer. It didn't budge, so Tony excused himself and came back with his Iron Man suit hand. However, even that it wouldn't work, and after calling Rhodey to help and both of them failing, they retired back to their seats.

  Bruce tried next, yelling out as if he was the Hulk. All of the others looked at him in pity as Bruce let go of the hammer and pretended to be turning into the Hulk. It was more embarrassing when he returned to his seat, though.

  Steve then stepped up to the plate. He rolled up his sleeves and tried to lift Mjolnir. Astrilde audibly gasped while her brother's eyes widened as the hammer moved just a little bit. Thankfully, though, Mjolnir held up, and Steve gave up. Thor and Astrilde relaxed as Steve moved back to his seat.

  "Widow?" Bruce asked Natasha as he motioned towards her.

  "Oh, no, no. That's not a question I need answered," Natasha stated, leaning back and drinking her beer.