| 08 |

~=~

Third Person POV; with Astrilde

  It was maybe three days later when a proposition came into play. To set the scene, Astrilde had begun to come to terms with her capture quicker than most would. It wasn't that she was content with the situation, nor was she giving up. It was merely important for her to focus on more pressing matters, like how she could possibly contact the Avengers.

  She had also tried to distance herself from both of the twins. Not that Pietro had noticed, because he had always tried to strike up conversation with her, for whatever reason. He would always greet her with "Hello", which, funnily enough, was how the discussion always ended. Speaking of which...

  "Hello," A familiar Sokovian accent filled Astrilde's ears. She glanced up from her seat on the floor, coming face to face with the speedster. A cocky grin covered his face, and his hair was a mess from wherever he had run from. "Ultron sent me to, uh, fetch you. He said you are needed, whatever that means," The last part was mumbled out. His way of speaking alone reminded her that the twins were close to her mental age, which could be seen as disconcerting. Why send Pietro to do his evil bidding? Why does he even require my presence to begin with? Despite her questions, she reminded herself that him needing her was probably the only reason she was still alive.

  Astrilde gritted her teeth and pushed herself to her feet. She could feel imperceptible bruises littering her skin. Unlike whatever the twins saw, Ultron was most definitely abusive, and he treated her without a care in the world. Well, one care could be his recognition to hide the bruises from his newly formed allies. He had also threatened her not to say a word to the twins, or all three of them would be doomed. Astrilde wasn't about to get herself killed like Thor had brashly tried to do before he was banished to Midgard.

  To be honest, she wasn't sure the twins would side with Ultron if they knew his true, aggressive, nature; The very nature that harmed instead of helped. However, they hated Tony Stark as much as Astrilde despised love, so they could still side with Ultron, even if she were to tell them. She had learned of that hatred quite quickly, both from what Steve had told her about the twins as well as the two's own account of the bombings that had killed their parents. Admittedly, their story was horrifying, and Astrilde wasn't sure she wouldn't seek revenge if the same had happened to her own parents. That was, if Odin even cared.

---

  The sound of metal on the concrete floors followed Astrilde down the hall, as it normally did. Ultron's clones were normally silent, shadows behind her unless needed. She ignored them as she arrived at the door of Ultron's, well, office. The robot most definitely didn't need an office, but she guessed it was all for show. To put a little more humanity into him, to make the twins trust him more. She steeled herself for what was to come, before walking into the dreaded room.

  "Ah, Astrilde, I have a job for you and the twins," Ultron spoke as she entered. His voice was calm and unusually respectful, like she and him were allies. She guessed that the twins were near for such civility to be taking place. It was out of character, though he was manipulative, so maybe it was actually in character.

  "I refuse."

  "You see, I knew you would say that," Ultron said, standing up from the unusually large chair he was sitting in. He walked toward her, which made her automatically tense in anticipation. That's why he looked at her, humming in thought, before continuing. "That's why I have a deal for you." Astrilde looked anywhere but the metal man in front of her, her false disinterest ineffective against Ultron.