| 22 |

~=~

Avengers Tower; With Astrilde's POV

  Astrilde wasn't particularly happy that Friday afternoon. She hadn't received any sleep the night previous, and instead thought of Thor, Loki, and her mother. She felt guilty- she had been so caught up with her newest friend Wanda that she forgotten all about her family. She even forgot her problems with love, the problems she was still battling.

  Frankly, Astrilde felt a little too moody. It was stupid, but that was what happened when you received little to no sleep. Her emotions were situated on the irritable side. Groaning, she pushed herself to her feet. She had stayed in bed the whole day, not bothering to eat. When Wanda had come to check on Astrilde, she had muttered about needing more sleep, and that was the end of that conversation.

  Wanda had taken Astrilde's word for it, and had left the room shortly after. Astrilde had to admit that it was nice that they had come to a point in their friendship where they mildly trusted each other. Wanda did the best she could to not read the mind of the Asgardian, though she had slipped a couple of times.

  Astrilde sighed, pulling long PJ pants over her legs to reserve a bit of modesty. She pulled on the hem of her slightly oversized black shirt, either in a meaningless fidget, or to pull it over her pants. She then left the comforts of her room. "F.R.I.D.A.Y.? Do you know where Wanda is?" Astrilde asked as she arrived in the elevator. She had gotten used to talking to Tony's newest AI, especially when she wanted to find something, or someone.

 "Miss Maximoff is in the living room with Mr. Stark, Mr. Rhodes, and the Vision. Would you like to join them?" The AI informed Astrilde. She frowned in response, having hoped to avoid the other Avengers during the day of her foul mood. Now, though, it seemed inevitable. Particularly because she lived there.

  "I guess so..." Astrilde trailed off, already preparing for the gazes of her teammates.

  Stepping out of the elevator, Astrilde walked across the clean floor, headed straight for the kitchen. She needed to eat something, that was certain. She grabbed the first thing she saw in the fridge, Midgardian fruits known as "cherries", and headed towards the living room.

  Once she entered, she noted the TV with it's blaring sound, Wanda watching it with mild interest. Tony and Rhodey were situated near one of the bars, talking lowly. It was normal for the two best friends to speak quietly to themselves, so Astrilde brushed it off. She glanced out the window, where Vision stood on the balcony overlooking the city. Also a normal occurrence, as the android had an uncanny love for watching and appreciating life. Finally, the goddess headed toward Wanda, and plopped down on the couch beside her.

  "I see you're finally awake," Wanda observed, glancing at Astrilde.

  "I couldn't stand to be in my bedchambers any longer," Astrilde groaned, leaning back on the couch.

  "I take it you didn't sleep then." Astrilde could feel her face heat up, so she turned to the TV, pretending to be entirely invested in the news story currently on. Wanda, noticing Astrilde's social cue, began watching the American news station as well.

  "In more recent news, a new vigilante has appeared in the city. Nicknamed the 'Spider-Man', this crime fighting hero has been doing his best to help the little guys," The lady on the news spoke. They then showed a video of an oddly dressed man helping a young lady out of a burning car. Right after that, the 'Spider-Man' swung away, using something that Astrilde could only describe as spider webs.