𝘪𝘪𝘪. 𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘭𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘺

         ON THE JOURNEY to Mr. Tumnus' house, the faun explained more about what Narnia was like to Lucy and Dorothy. They turned a corner and noticed a tiny little door built on the side of a mountain. Lucy and Dorothy stopped in their tracks as Mr. Tumnus kept walking.

Noticing the two had stopped, he turned back to face them and said, "Well, here we are. Come along."

Lucy and Dorothy both shared smiles before following Mr. Tumnus to his house. Mr. Tumnus opened his door, letting in the blonde, brunette, blue-eyed sisters.

"After you," he says with politeness.

"May I help you with that?" The sisters both asked, grabbing some packages out of his hands.

"Thank you very much."

Lucy and Dorothy entered Mr. Tumnus' home, staring in awe at his place. Behind them, Mr. Tumnus closed his door, shaking the snow off his furry legs (or hooves?). The girls walked over to a table, placed their packages in their arms, and noticed a picture of another faun who looked exactly like Mr. Tumnus. Dorothy picked it up to get a closer look at the look-alike picture of her new friend and examined it as Lucy looked at the picture over her sister's shoulder.

Mr. Tumnus, noticing what the girls were doing, chuckled nervously. "Now, that... that is my father."

Both girls looked over at Mr. Tumnus in shock and looked back down at the picture.

"He has a nice face," Lucy commented, glancing back at the phone. "He looks a lot like you."

"No," Mr. Tumnus said softly. "No, I'm not very much like him at all."

Dorothy sighed, placing the picture back down on the table. "Our father's fighting in the war," she says softly, and Lucy wraps a comforting arm around her.

"My father went away to war too," Mr. Tumnus said, making the sisters look at him. "But that was a long, long time ago," he added quickly, preparing the tea for his new friends. "Before this dreadful winter."

"Winter's not all bad," Lucy said as she and Dorothy examined the books on the bookshelf. "There's ice skating and snowball fights," she listed, and Mr. Tumnus let out a small chuckle.

"Oh!" Dorothy beamed, turning to Mr. Tumnus. "And Christmas!"

"Not here. No. No, we haven't had a Christmas in a hundred years," Mr. Tumnus explained as he set the tray of tea and toast on the table.

Dorothy and Lucy both looked at him in shock as Lucy asked, "What? No presents for a hundred years?"

"Always winter, never Christmas. It's been a long winter." Mr. Tumnus continued to explain as he sat down in a chair while the girls sat beside each other and across from Mr. Tumnus. The faun picked up two plates with tea cups sitting on top and handed each one to Lucy and Dorothy. "But you would have loved Narnia in summer." He laughed as he grabbed the teapot and poured tea into the girls' tea cups; he said, "We fauns danced with the dryads all night, and, you know, we never got tired. And music. Oh, such music!" Mr. Tumnus smiled as the girls both beamed up at his stories. As they began to take a sip of their teas, he asked, "Would... would you like to hear some now?"