𝘹𝘹. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

         LUCY PEVENSIE turned towards her younger sister, Dorothy Pevensie. Over the past year, Dorothy had grown into a beautiful young teenage girl Dorothy's blonde hair was now down to her waist and was very wavy. She was quite tall for her age and she is even a couple more inches taller than Lucy. Dorothy was so pretty that even Lucy thought she couldn't compete with her younger sister's beautiful looks. It bothered Dorothy that Lucy was jealous of her, knowing that Lucy was even more prettier but Lucy wasn't convinced.

Right now, the young girls were both out grocery shopping and seemed to have lost their older brother, Edmund Pevensie in the store. Lucy began to ponder for a minute, thinking where their older brother could have gone before her eyes widened as she looked at Dorothy.

"He must be enlisting into the army again," she remembered.

At her response, Dorothy rolled her eyes in annoyance. Ever since the three younger Pevensie siblings moved to Cambridge, Edmund kept on trying to join the army. No matter how hard he tried, Edmund was always rejected since the average age to enlist in the army was eighteen years old and Edmund was only sixteen years old.

"Come on. Let's go get him," Dorothy says, adjusting the box of groceries in her hands. "One of these days, he's going to learn not to sign up for the army and he knows we're just going to keep on embarrassing him as we try to stop him."

Lucy giggled quietly at Dorothy's comment as the two headed for the enlisting station. As they entered, they could make out Edmund in the front of the line, talking to the man at the desk. By the look on his face, Dorothy could tell that the man was annoyed by Edmund, knowing that he used their aunt's I.D. and pretended the name was Albert instead of Alberta.

"Edmund," Dorothy called, catching Edmund's attention along with the other men in line. "You're supposed to be helping Lucy and me with the groceries."

The men in the line snickered at the comment as Edmund glared at his younger sister, who didn't seem bothered by the glare at all. The man at the desk handed Edmund back their aunt Alberta's I.D. as Edmund began to leave.

"Better luck next time, eh squirt?" The man behind Edmund teased as the three left the building.

"Squirt!? He barely had two years on me," Edmund began to complain as they walked to their bikes. He took a box from Dorothy and straps it to his bike. "I'm a king! I 39;ve fought wars and I've led armies."

"Not in this world," Lucy reminded as she and Dorothy grabbed their bikes. She placed the bag she had in her basket that was in the front of her bike as Dorothy helped Edmund.