(2) Bromance in captivity

Jason's head hurt. He heard muffled sounds, but couldn't concentrate on what was said. He tried to open his eyes, but they were too heavy and Jason was tired. Sleep! Screamed his body, but Jason didn't want to sleep. He was sure he was forgetting something very important, but every time he tried to remember, it just slipped through his fingers. The voices were still there, screaming at each other. Too loud! Then darkness took over again.

The next time Jason woke up, the voices were gone and he wasn't quite sure if he'd imagined the whole thing. He blinked a few times, but couldn't see anything. He was in complete darkness. He tried to calm his racing heartbeat and closed his eyes again, concentrating on his other senses. He realised that he laid on the ground, probably stone and that it was pretty dirty. He could feel the dirt under his fingers as he pushed himself off the floor. He stopped as he heard rattling. Jason moved his arms and heard it again. Great, he was in chains. He moved his feet and realised they were bound to.

Jason tried to use his powers, but something blocked him from reaching towards the sky. Earth. He was underground. He guessed that the room/cell was probably the size of his bunk in the Argo 2. Not very big. Piper had showed him a way to stay calm when he was angry, or in this case, scared. Inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth and repeat ten times.

He took a deep breath and cought as he cought the metallic smell of blood. Okay, no inhaling through the nose then. Was he the one bleeding? He touched his still aching head, but couldn't fell the sticky substance. Percy!

Jason mentally face-palmed. He had totally forgotten about his cousin. He closed his eyes and listened. The only thing he could hear was his breathing... and another person's breath! Jason slowly walked toward what he hoped Percy was and tripped right over him. He landed on the ground with an humpf!

"Careful, Sparky. We don't want you to break anything," said the amused voice of Perseus Jackson. Jason sighed in relieve. "You okay? I smelled blood and it isn't mine." Percy was silent for a second. "Mine neither." Jason grimaced. "Great, that means, whoever was here before us lost a lot of blood." Percy chuckled dryly. "What did you expect? That they would ask for information nicely or whatever they want from us?" Jason sighed. "No. Do you now where we are?" Percy didn't answer. "Perce?"
"Oh, yeah, you can't see me. I shook my head." Jason face-palmed. "Of course you did. You sh-" He was interrupted by the cracking of a door.

The two cousins spun around and closed their eyes at the bright light that flooded the room. They heard heavy footsteps coming toward them. Percy blinked and shielded his eyes as he looked into the big eye of an Cyclops. It grinned and Percy could see brown teeth. "You coming with me. Mother earth wants to see half-bloods," it said, grabbing the chains that bound Percy's and Jason's wrists.

The monster pulled the two boys roughly through a long tunnel and up a few stairs, opening two big leaf doors and pushing the demigods inside. Percy's mouth fell open as he saw who was in front of him.

There, on a wooden throne, sat Gaea herself. She had long silky black hair that framed her pale face. Her eyes were still closed, but Percy could feel the power radiating off of her. Her black lips were twisted into a smirk amd she wore a long dress which seemed to change form every passing second. At first, it looked like a summer meadow and the next second, like a autumn forest.

Jason stiffened beside Percy and he turned to glance at his cousin. Jason was glaring at Gaea, her smirk widening. "Jason Grace and Perseus Jackson." Her voice was soft, almost not audible, but at the same time strong and unmistakably powerful. "I have waited a long time to finally meet you two." Percy snort. "And you couldn't have waited a little longer? I was eating blue pancakes when your stupid birds attacked. Do you know how much I've missed blue pancakes?" He crossed his arms. Gaea seemed to look straight at Percy, even though her eyes were still closed.

"Oh, you didn't get much to eat while you were in Tartarus, did you? I hope you recovered well. How is my little Annabeth? I need her blood for my sacrifice and it would be a shame if she isn't herself. I heard the son of Hades went insane in my husband's domain."

Percy clenched his fists and glared at the primordial, but stayed silent. "I thought so, now, I bet you are wondering why I wanted you two, right?" Jason rolled his eyes. "Not really. We are powerful and without us the seven are weakened. Oh, and we could be your downfall if you listen to the prophecy, so no, we know why we are here." Jason expected Gaea to get angry at his comeback, but she just laughed. "You forgot one very important thing, son of Jupiter. Perseus over there is my sacrifice, he is not supposed to die just yet." Jason frowned. "Then why kidnapping me?"

Percy huffed and Jason guessed he would have crossed his arm, if they weren't in chains. "I have the habit to escape when I'm captured. She need a bait for me to stay." He turned to Gaea. "Am I right?" The earth goddess laughed. "Yes, you are. Now I just have to wait for your little girlfriend to come and rescue you, and then I will sacrifice both of you and rise once again! I will-"
"No one cares!" interrupted Jason her speech. "Your voice is annoying and you're really getting on my nerves. You sound as if you've swallowed a frog or something. Maybe you should join a choir if you like talking so much." Gaea blinked a few times. "How dare you-" This time it was Percy who interrupted her. "Jason is right. Your voice is annoying, and for you plan; don't you read any books? The bad guys loose. Take Valentine in 'The mortal instruments', Loki in 'The Avengers', or Lord Voldemort in 'Harry Potter'. I could go on and on, but I think you understand what I mean. All those villains underestimated the heroes and you are no exception!" He grinned at Jason.

While Percy and Annabeth were in Tartarus, Nico had taught Jason a version of shadowtravelling, just that Jason went with the wind and not shadows. After Percy and Annabeth had been back from their trip, Jason had taught the son of Poseidon to do the same with water. Vapor travel. Percy would turn into water molecules. It was hard to learn and tiring, but it could save their lives. Percy and Jason concentrated and smiled as they vanished, leaving a furious primordial behind. Time to return to the Argo 2.