(1) Death and blood- oh, and Batman!

Batman/Percy Jackson one-shot (Sorry if you're not a Batman fan) Angst/hurt/pain/death/family

Ages:
Percy:17
Dick:18
Jason:16
Tim:13
Damian:11

Taking place at the end of BoO.

Death. Everywhere he looked, he saw lifeless bodies littering the blood stained ground. Percy stared wide eyed at all the dead demigods- teenagers- who were surrounding him. He was scared to look at their faces, afraid of whom he might see. He choked back a sob. So many lives had been taken. When his eyes landed on a girl's body, he couldn't stop the tortured scream that escaped his lips. The once honey blond hair was now dirty and tangled, the startling grey eyes forever closed and the smirk washed off her beautiful face.
The few reminding demigods looked sadly at their leader, knowing whose body he'd found.
Percy rushed to Annabeth's lifeless body, falling to his knees next to her. "No, no, no, no, please don't leave me Wise Girl." Tears started to run down the son of Poseidon's face as the grey eyes remained closed. His heart clenched and he let another strangled scream tear through the silence. Why? Why was this happening to him? "Anni," he whispered, gently brushing the blonde locks out of her face. He could almost imagine that she was just sleeping, but the pool of blood he was sitting in told him otherwise, his Wise Girl was gone. "Please open your eyes." Nothing happened. Percy could feel how his will to live left him. He had lost everything, his friends, his family and now his Wise Girl. There was nothing worth living for anymore. That's not true, reminded him a quiet voice in the back of his head. You have Paul and your mom. Percy pulled Annabeth closer to his chest. "What am I supposed to do without you?" Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Percy tensed, but relaxed slightly, once he heard his father's voice. "I am sorry, son. For everything." He knelt down next to Percy, who was looking at him with pleading eyes. "Dad," he sobbed, leaning into his father's shoulder, still clutching his girlfriend's body. He couldn't let her go, ever. Poseidon embraced Percy and held him tight, as he cried into his shoulder. "W-what am I going to do without her?", he asked quietly, looking at the god with teary eyes. Poseidon just sighed sadly. "I don't know, Percy. But I do know that there are still people who care for you. I will always be there for you- screw Zeus' stupid laws, and you have Sally. She must be worried sick about you." Percy nodded and looked at Annabeth's pale face. "I can't- I can't live without her, dad." Poseidon gently caressed his son's cheek. "We all have to leave this world some day, there is no avoiding it, even the gods will fade, maybe not yet, but in a very far future, we will be gone as well. I know that your whole life has been hard, but you've always found a reason to carry on, haven't you?" A tear rolled down Percy's cheek, leaving a clear trace through the dirt and blood covering his face. "Annabeth was my reason."

Percy stood in front of the door, not knowing what to do. The last time he'd seen his mom was eight month ago. How would she react to seeing him? Would she be happy? Sad? Angry? Would she even want to see him? He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He raised his fist and knocked on the door. To his surprise, the door was already open and Percy carefully stepped inside. He pulled out Riptide in pen form, but dropped it once he saw his mom. Or more like his mom's body, lying on the ground, next to Paul, who had a hole in his chest. Percy couldn't believe this. His mother couldn't be gone, she just couldn't. He fell to his knees next to her, just like he did with Annabeth. Why was the world so cruel. Percy didn't realise he was crying until he felt the salty substance on his lips. "Mom," he choked out, stretching out his hand to touch her, but hesitated. His hand hovered above her glassy eyes, staring blankly at the ceiling. "No," he breathed, the truth finally sinking in. He had lost her. She was his last family and now she was gone. He closed his eyes as sobs racked his body. Why was this happening to him? What did he ever do to deserve this? As he finally opened his eyes again, he took a look at the apartment for the first time. Everything was shattered and claw marks were on the wall. "So it was a monster," muttered Percy to himself. "If it was a monster, than it was my fault." He began to panic. This was his fault. All of this, all the deaths were his fault. He could hear Annabeth's voice inside his head. Don't be stupid, Seaweed Brain. Non of this was your fault and if you don't stop believing that, than I'll come back from the dead and kick your ass, got it?
Percy smiled sadly to himself. "Got it, Wise Girl." He averted his gaze from the two bodies on the ground. What was he going to do now? He could imagine Annabeth rolling her eyes. You call the police, duh!
(Percy isn't going crazy in this one-shot, he just really misses Annabeth and he just could imagines her saying that, but he knows that it's not real)
Percy slowly got up and walked to the phone. He picked it up with shaking hands, hands that were stained in dryed blood once again. "Too much blood," he muttered to himself, whilst calling the police. "Hello, Police Department here, what is your emergency?", said a female voice, sounding slightly annoyed. Percy choked back a quiet son. "My parents were murdered," he whispered. The voice on the other side of the phone softened. "Can you tell me your address, child?" Percy nodded and told her, still staring at his bloody hands. "Two officers will be there in a few minutes, okay?" Percy nodded. "Ok." Then he hung up.