(2) Who is Percy Jackson?

Disclaimer: I own nothing

Jason finally meets Percy Jackson: Set some time after my last one shot.

Jason looked into the blue sky, feeling at peace, being in his domain again, even if it was on a giant war ship. The sky was like his oxygen, a essential part of his life, of his very existence. He could see every cloud, every molecule that vibrated and moved and lived. He could feel the humidity, the microscopically small rain drops, gathering on his skin, entangled in the hair on his arms. And even though he was having trouble deciding where his home was, in Camp Half-blood, or Camp Jupiter, he knew that he'd never feel so much at home like when he was in the sky. The sky was his home and no memory loss would change that.

He wondered if Percy Jackson felt the same about the ocean? It was a question he had asked himself dozen of times, because if so, Jason knew they would fight about where to sail, in the sky or on the ocean often, both too stubborn to budge.

He groaned. Great, we're just setting sail and I'm already thinking about fighting, just great. He groaned again, running a hand through his slightly longer hair. It was still short, but not Roman style short, not anymore. Jason had to admit that he was exited to finally meet the person he'd changed places with, even though the growing dread and anticipation of going to the Roman Camp lingered deep in his stomach, making it ache. He rolled over, standing up and walking to the railing, looking down to the world below. Cities flew past and new ones came into view, but non seemed to notice the flying war ship racing through the sky.

The sound of a door opening pulled his attention toward the door leading down below deck. A mob of blond hair was the first thing he noticed and Jason smiled. "Hey, Annabeth. Exited to finally see Percy again?" He expected her to nod her head and chatter about everything she wanted to say to her boyfriend, but there was something else in her eyes, a sadness Jason didn't understand. "You okay?" He asked, laying a hand on her shoulder. She shrugged it off, a distant look in her eyes. "I'm fine," she muttered, but she didn't sound like she even listen to what he'd said. "No, you're not. I'm not gonna force you to tell me, but you should. You need your head in the game, because if even one little thing goes wrong, we have two wars to fight and in all honesty, you are our best shot at making peace."

She finally turned her eyes to look at him, meeting his hard gaze. "You're right, I'm sorry. I'm just worried about..."
"Percy?"
She sighed and looked down. "He was gone for months, Jason, with no memories of me or Camp. What if... What if he has a new girlfriend, or doesn't remember me, or doesn-"
"Annabeth, calm down!" He turned her around, gripping her shoulders tightly, but not too tight. "Listen to me, Annabeth. I don't know Percy, only from stories, but I know you and you wouldn't fall in love with a guy that just forgets about you. And I got most of my memories back now and I guess so did he, so calm down. If even one story about your relationship is true, then nothing can break you apart. Not Kronos, no war, no red-headed mortals and sure as hell no gods, so get a grip on yourself and get down there and get your man."

At the end of his speech, Jason was panting, a slight blush covering his cheeks. Annabeth looked at him with those analysing eyes and a small smile made its way on her face. "You're good at the pep talk, Jason."
"Thanks."
She smiled and turned back to stare into the distance, where her boyfriend was waiting to embrace her in his arms.

An hour later, Camp Jupiter finally came into few and Jason heard Annabeth's sharp intake of breath. "It's beautiful." And Jason couldn't disagree. Annabeth turned her back to Jason and run towards the door leading downstairs. "I'm gonna go get the others!" She yelled over her shoulder and disappeared below deck.
As the ship lowered itself onto the ground, the other demigods appeared above deck, coming to stand next to the son of Jupiter. Jason's breath hitched as he caught sight of a dark haired girl with a purple toga around her shoulders. Reyna.
Fingers encircled his and he was met with kaleidoscope-like eyes. "It's gonna be fine, Jason." He smiled, but it didn't quit reach his eyes. "Yeah," but his eyes wandered back to Reyna. He knew he didn't love her, at least not like he loved Piper, but she still meant so much to him... He didn't want to hurt her feelings. Piper's eyes followed his gaze and her hand dropped from his. "Is that Reyna?" Jason nodded, not meeting Piper's eyes. She opened her mouth to say something, but the lowering of the plank caught their attention. "Let's talk later, please?" He looked at her with pleading eyes and Piper gave a small nod. He grabbed her hand again and she squeezed it. "I don't know how to feel about Reyna, but I know that she's not you. And I only love you," he whispered and it seemed to relax her, her shoulders losing some of their tension. They moved toward the plank only to be stopped by Annabeth, who had her eyes fixed on a boy standing next to Reyna.

In an instant, Jason knew who he was. Lean, muscled, sea green eyes and raven black hair.
"Seaweed Brain," he heard Annabeth whisper as she took a tender step forward. She was regarded with a smile on Percy's part, a smile that said too much to put in words and Annabeth was running. Jason saw the Romans tens. And what Jason expected to be a kiss ended in Percy Jackson being flipped over Annabeth's shoulder. He heard his friends gasp as the Romans drew their weapons, only to be stopped by a cheerful laughter. Everyone turned their eyes to Percy, who lay on the ground, laughing his head off and grinning a lopsided grin at his girlfriend. "I've missed you too, Wise Girl." And then the kiss finally occurred. The Argo II crew grinned and Jason felt his face lit up in a smile himself. Annabeth deserved to be happy.

The Romans put their weapons away again. Guess they don't want to kill their Praetor's girlfriend.
Jason's eyes widened. Praetor? He didn't realise it before, too concentrated on Reyna, Piper and Annabeth, but Percy wore the purple toga of a praetor, his toga.
Okay, so maybe Jason was a little jealous, seeing that it took him years to become praetor and Percy only months.
Annabeth waved them down and they slowly ascended from the ship, keeping a weary eye on the Romans around.

"Guys, this is Percy," introduced the blonde, wrapped in the arms of her boyfriend, who played with a strand of her hair. "This," she pointed to Piper, "Is Piper, A's daughter, this is Leo, son of Hephaestos and this," she turned to me and Percy smiled somewhat... shyly? "Let me guess, you are Jason. I've heard much about you." Jason smiled back, even though he knew it looked forced, but he couldn't keep his eyes away from his toga.

"Uh, you can have it back, if you want," offered Percy biting his lip. Jason looked at him wide eyed. It wasn't a light decision to give up a place as praetor, but then again, Percy did refuse godhood. "Why?"
"Because I like me in orange better," he replied, smiling sheepishly. Someone behind Percy cleared their throat and Percy turned around, grinning wildly. "Oops, I forgot about you guys."

Two teenagers, a boy and a girl placed themselves next to the son of Poseidon, smiling at them. Annabeth gave Percy's side a shove with her elbow. "Don't you want to introduce us?"
"Oh, right." He turned to the girl. "This is Hazel, daughter of Pluto." He turned to the boy, "And this is Frank, son of Mars and shapeshifter." They waved at everyone and smiled. Jason waved back.

Then he turned back to Percy. "We can talk about that later, okay?" The son of Poseidon smiled and nodded, kissing Annabeth on the head. "Why don't we show you around?" Everyone nodded and Percy walked slower, letting Hazel and Frank lead the way. He fell in place next to Jason, still holding Annabeth's hand. "So," he mused, "You defeated Krios bare-handed?"
Jason smiled, the jealousy gone. He just couldn't stay mad at Percy, with his goofy grin and boy-next-door attitude. "Yeah," replied the blond boy, "And you decided to have dinner with a monster?"
"Wha-?"
"And send her head via post to Olympus?"
The blush that covered his face was enough to make Jason break out laughing. "Wise Girl," the black-haired boy whined, hiding his head in her blonde curls, "Why did it have to be that story?!"
Annabeth teasingly kissed his cheek. "Payback for leaving me, Seaweed Brain."
"Not fair, Anni!"
"Don't call me that, Perseus," she growled, accompanied by a light lunch to his side.
"Ouch," he whined and Jason smiled at the two. They really do love each other and honestly, for all the shit that happened to them, they deserved each other. They deserved to be happy. They all did.