Chapter Sixty Two- Home for summer

The atmosphere had once again shifted since that night upon my birthday, normality had resumed. The heirs were together once again, as if nothing had ever happened. Tom was turning up to our meetings again and the boys natural friendly rivalry had resumed. The only thing which still lingered appeared to be the slight hint of suspicion dancing within Wiglaf's grey eyes whenever he caught myself and Tom looking at one another. I knew he suspected something was happening between us but that was not true! Was it...? 
The end of the school year had arrived, each year seemed to fly by even quicker than the last. When we returned both Tom and Wiglaf would be in their last year... the thought made my stomach churn. But for now it was time to go home... I had never been more nervous to go home I had not spoken to my Father once in months and now I was mere hours away from seeing him face to face for the first time in a year that is if he was even home... 
I pulled my trunk along the small village platform which was packed full of students preparing for the long journey back to London. 
"Have a great summer Grisha, I'll miss you! Don't forget to write to me!" A smiled as Amber flung her arms around me tightly. 
"You too." I whispered as I held her back just as tightly, I hated leaving my friends it was truly more like leaving my family as if on que I saw the one person who I was most saddened to be leaving. Tom pulled his trunk behind, his face grave and ashen, I looked at him with a familiar feeling of guilt bubbling inside my gut. Here I was complaining about what awaited me back at home when what awaited him was so much worse and I only knew part of it. 
I pulled my trunk along the platform towards him. 
"Tom," I greeted him quietly trying my best to hide my pity as I knew Tom would not appreciate it, he looked up towards me and nodded his head. 
"There you two are." Lazarus called pulling his own trunk behind me, Wiglaf following him with his own belongings looking at me with narrowed eyes. I decided to ignore it and instead offered them a beaming smile. 
"Let's go and find a compartment." I suggested hastily turning around and pulling my trunk up onto the train. 
"You two go ahead, Grisha can you help me with this paperwork for that detention we gave out the other week we have to send it to his head of house by owl before we leave." Wiglaf had caught hold of my wrist, Tom and Lazarus nodded and continued on down the carriage but not before Tom gave Wiglaf a threatening and suspicious stare. 
"What detention?" I asked, biting my lip knowing full well that myself and Wiglaf had not given out any detentions together in the last month nevermind week, he merely raised his eyebrow at me. 
"What?" I asked in exasperation dropping the handle of my trunk with a resounding thud. 
"Do not feign stupidity Grisha it does not suit you." Wiglaf sighed,I scoffed folding my arms and opening my mouth to speak before I was cut off. "You and Riddle fight alongside in the attack, you come off worse resulting in him completely distancing himself from all of us up to until just a week ago." Wiglaf for the first time ever was looking at me with confusion and aggregation in his eyes, clearly irritated as probably for the first time ever in his life he was unable to come up with a clear explanation.

 "Riddle did not harm me if that is what you were thinking." I replied stonily. "No it wasn't but I do want you to tell me what did happen." Wiglaf's voice was stern and demanding. I narrowed my eyes at him, "What does it matter the exact details? We were fighting those fanatics and I got hit by a stray curse that neither of us saw coming that's it."

"Is it? If that is the case explain to me Riddle's behaviour." I laughed.

"Explain Riddle's behaviour? Come on now Wiglaf." I raised my eyebrow at him causing him to cluck his tongue impatiently. "Even Riddle would have no reason to avoid us if there was nothing more to the story Grisha." "Clearly you believe that something else happened?" I replied growing impatient.

"Perhaps." Wiglaf replied. "But I do not need to tell you something that you already know, you know what happened I will just tell you this, do not place yourself in danger. You can not control someone's loyalty. No matter what you do for them, it does not mean they would do it for you. No matter how much they mean to you, it does not mean they will value you the same. Sometimes the people we love the most, turn out to be the people we can trust the least." I stared at him, my anger ebbing away to be replaced by sadness. So lost was I in Riddle's birthday gesture that I had not thought that Tom had distanced himself from me and then questioned my actions because he himself did not want to feel as if he had a debt to repay... We walked down the carriage way in search of Tom and Lazarus's compartment in silence.