Your First Romantic Moment

Sherlock:

It was a "dull" moment as Sherlock had put it. He had no cases that sparked his interest whatsoever, he found all of them to be predictable and far too simple to a challenging mind like his.

You were both stuck inside anyways, as the rain came pouring down harshly from the sky slathering with grey clouds.

Sherlock lasted sprawled across the sofa, his nose stuffed into a book that comfortably on his chest, you were resting in the side of he counter, making two cups of tea. You walked back into the living room, setting the mug down on the counter table, ready for Sherlock whenever he decided he wanted a cup.

Sherlock immediately picked up the cup, taking a small sip and scolding at how hot it was. He laid back down, as he lifted his legs, so that you may sit next to him. He stretched his log legs back on your laps which, you in return rolled your eyes.

The lights began to flicker as a loud clap of thunder rumbled throughout the silent flat, lighting up the back sky. Sherlock set his both down as well a his cup, and looked up with narrowed eyes. Another roll of thunder sounded, then as you turned your gaze towards Sherlock with a slight frightened expression, when the lights went out.

You could hear Sherlock sigh after a minute of silence, then the consulting detective lifted his legs and stood up from the sofa.

"Sherlock?" you asked with a small voice staring into the darkness.

All you could hear was the sound of bare feet drumming through the flat.

"Sherlock?" you called again, louder than before.

"Hold on." he called back, his voice rather far.

Sherlock rushed back into the living room a candle that only lit up the few inches that surrounded it. He was carrying a small bundle of much smaller candles, in which you weren't away he had. He used the previous lit stick of wax to light the rest of them. You sighed as the consulting detective plopped down next to you, turning his gaze towards you.

"You're shivering." he murmured.

You looked down to see he was right, and suddenly your sling began aware of the cool room's temperature. Sherlock frowned and stood back up, disappearing into his room only to emerge back with his duvet. You laughed as he wrapped it around both of you, giving you a quick peck on the cheek.

Sherlock sighed happily as he wrapped hi arm around your frame, causing you to lean on his touch. After a few moments you both feel asleep, your face buzzed into his neck, and his on the top of your head.

The flights flickered back on, but the both of you were pre-occupied sleeping to notice.

John:

You decided to try and cook John dinner that night, before he got home from work. You thought it would be a nice gesture, a thank-you-for-being-wonderful treat, you suppose.

You wanted to make something nice but not over the top so you went to the market to pick up the ingredients that were needed for the ratatouille. You rolled up your sleeves, and washed the onion and eggplant off.

After disinfecting the table for reasons obvious, you grabbed the rather large rather sharp kitchen knife and began to chop away into the vegetable. The onion needed to be chopped, so you started off cutting into it in a vertical manner, the vegetable splitting in to two halves.

You turned the piece onto it's side and cut into it horizontally now, going at a rather fast pace. You put all your focus into chopping the vegetables up, nearly scaring you out of your skin when the front door opened and slammed shut. You hissed in pain as you accidentally sliced your finger.

Just as you held your hand up to observe how deep the cut was, John emerged through the door. He looked as if he were about to greet you, but stopped halfway before saying anything as he glanced between you, your finger, and the knife that lay next to the chopped onion.

John immediately asked if your were alright, taking your hand in a gentle  manner, and leading you into the bathroom. You nodded, even though he knew you were lying. You sat down on the lid of the toilet, as he fished out a medical kit from underneath the sink.

"Alright" he murmured to himself, crouching down in front of you and taking your hand once again.

You winced as he cleaned the wound with some type of wipes, but followed after with putting an antibiotic cream over it.

You found it rather silly that he even put the band-aid on for you, but it was still a sweet gesture.He kissed the bandaged finger, and smiled at you.

"All better?" John asked, you laughed and nodded.

"All better." you responded as you leaned towards John to steel a long meaningful kiss.

——-
Please go check out my Etsy account! Still a work in progress but I will be more than happy to write you a story!

Here's the link:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PerpetualStories?ref=search_shop_redirect