Mission 13: I Can't For Sakura

I twiddled my thumbs in nervousness. Everything? Like from us making out to having dry sex?!

"Uh well...it's kinda embarrassing..."

"Listen girl, you can tell me. I don't judge, and if you don't want to tell me who it is, don't."

I let out a sigh of relief and began to tell my story. "Okay, so ever since I turned into a girl he started acting weird...it's not a bad weird, but a good one. He use to be so cold towards me, and I hated him...now I can't get him out of my head! Just being with him makes me happy, and..." I covered my face in embarrassment, "horny."

"Oooh girl! Have you guys kissed or anything?"

I nodded. "We made out a few different times, and the day he told me he like me...we almost went all the way before I stopped him!"

Ino looked at me in shock. "No way. Naruto, look at you! You turn into a girl and now you're getting all this?!"

I squeezed my eyes shut in embarrassment. "I know...!"

"How long has this been going on?" She asked curiously.

"Uhh...about four or five days?"

"Oof! Does Sakura know?"

"NO!" I retorted.

"Wow. Looks like you really don't wanna tell her, huh?"

I nodded as I looked down at my feet. I completely forgot about her feelings...

She looked at me and placed a hand on my head, "So how do you feel about him?"

"I don't really know. He makes me happy. My heart always skips when I'm around him, and I can always feel those butterflies in my stomach."

"So you do like him?"

"I guess...but I'm scared."

"Why?"

"What if these feelings I have are only temporary. Like...maybe these feelings only came because I'm a girl, and when I turn back to a guy...they'll be gone."

"Ahh, I forgot you were a guy!" She shouted.

"Ino!"

"Relax relax, it was a joke...kind of. Anyway, I believe your feelings are true."

"Why?"

"Why? Because it doesn't matter whether you're a guy or a girl, your feelings are your feelings, and something tells me that you've secretly loved this person for a while."

"Love?"

"Yeah, love."

"But I loved Sakura-chan before..."

"Exactly, before." She tuck a piece of hair behind her ear and spoke again, "My mom told me once that if you love two people, go for the second one. Because if you liked the first one so much, you wouldn't have fallen for the second one."

"Naruto, you like this guy. I can tell. Just last week you looked like you were dying, and now since your mystery guy showed up, you look so happy."

I touched my heart and smiled lightly. "Yeah...I am happier."

She stood up and walked behind me to pick up a piece of paper that had fallen. "Naruto, you obviously like him. You can't get him out of your head, your heart beats, you become happy, and might I add, horny as well. You like him, so go for it!"

"You're right! I do like him!"

She smacked my back and pushed me off the chair. "Alright Naruto! Go get your manz!"

I breathed in heavily and nodded as I began to run out the flower shop. Thank you Ino! Now I need to find Sasuke and tell him how I feel!

***

I was running around the village to find Sasuke. "Where is he?!" I yelled to myself as I ran around.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sakura. I quickly turned towards her and asked, "Have you seen Sasuke?"

"No...?"

"Oh okay. See ya!" I said while running away. As I ran away to start my search again, I heard her call out to me.

"Hey Naruto!"

I looked back, unable to answer as I was out of breath.

"Can I talk to you about something?!"

I really need to find Sasuke tho...

"Uh...Sakura-chan, I really have to--"

"Please!" She yelled, "I really need to talk to you!"

What happened?

***

We ended up at the bathhouse again. This time, I didn't wear a blindfold.

"Naruto... do you remember the last time we were here? We had just finished talking about your situation, and then we spoke...we spoke about Sasuke."

I felt my blood go cold as I looked down at the water in fear, able to predict the outcome of this conversation.

"Naruto... you told me last time that you wouldn't fall for him!" She yelled as tears ran down her cheeks.

I looked at her with guilt. "Sakura-chan--"

"I see the way you guys look at each other. It hurts, Naruto...it really hurts!"

"Sakura-chan I never meant for this to happen..."

"Naruto, I love Sasuke and you know that! So why? You told me you wouldn't fall for him! How could--?!"

"Sakura!" I yelled in anger. "I didn't mean to fall for Sasuke. It just happened, and the fact that you're making it all my fault is bullshit! If Sasuke really liked you, he would have approached you first like he did to me!" I quickly covered my mouth when I realized I told her our secret.

"Wait...He confessed to you?"

"Yeah..."

She began to cry loudly. "How did this happen?!" She looked at me angrily and yelled, "This is all your fault! Because you turned into a girl all of this bullshit happened! You changed everything! I hate you!"

I felt my heart drop as she told me that. "Sakura-chan..."

"When you turn back into a guy, do you really think he'll still like you? You won't have a chance anymore, but I still will." She walked up to me as quickly as she could through the water. She grabbed ahold of my hands and pleaded, "Please Naruto, leave him to me. So everything can be normal again!"

In that instant, I saw the fantasy that I conjured in my head break into millions of pieces.

She's right...When I become a guy again, he won't love me anymore. I'll be alone and she'll be with Sasuke.

I felt tears start to form in my eyes as I thought about losing him. "Sakura-chan, you're right. He should be yours."

"Naruto..."

"Don't worry, I'll set things straight. Sasuke and I...we were only meant to be friends anyway."

She smiled happily at my sad words. "Thank you! Thank you so much Naruto!"

I quickly left the bath before the tears in my eyes fell.

I clenched the towel around me in sorrow as I felt my heart shattering.

I'm sorry Sasuke...I'm sorry...