Mission 15: I Know Who To Save

Sakura and I were at the third's office along with Kakashi Sensei.

"Sasuke Uchiha is missing?" The third asked as he crossed his arms.

"Yes. All his belongings are gone along with his gear," Kakashi said as he closed his eye.

"This is a problem...do you know why he might have left?"

My blood grew cold and the guilt began to consume me. "It's--"

"We have no idea why he left!" Sakura shouted as she began to cry. "Why would he leave..."

Sakura was crying as I stood to the side, looking down in guilt as I held my arm. The third sighed at our sorry state.

Suddenly the door swung open and the two ninjas who guarded the gate came in, panting in panic. "Hokage!" they both yelled.

The old man looked at them in confusion. "What happened?"

"The Nine tails...It's been spotted and heading this way quickly!" they yelled.

The room went silent.

I knew It! I told him, but he didn't believe me!

"How is this possible?!" he yelled as he stood up.

"We don't know! We thought we were dreaming, but it's really here!"

I looked at the third in anger. "I told you! I told you he would come, but you didn't believe me!"

Sakura began to cry again: "Sasuke...Sasuke's out there as well!"

My heart dropped as I heard her say his name. That's right...Sasuke's missing, and the nine tails is coming! What if...what if he--

I quickly stopped my negative thinking and ran out of the office.

"Naruto," they all yelled.

"I have to find Sasuke!"

***

I ran out of the office quickly, searching everywhere for him. I checked the park, our training spots, every restaurant and shop in the village, and even his favorite spot by the lake.

"Where is he?!" I whined to myself in fear.

I sat down on the boardwalk of the lake tiredly and began to tear up. This is my fault. All of this. I shouldn't have opened that damn box!

I looked at my reflection in the water and threw my hand at the reflection, distorting the image. "Why can't you ever listen?!" I yelled at myself.

I looked at the rising sun, feeling it heat up my tearful face.

"Sasuke...where could you be?" I closed my eyes, taking in the moment of the sunset. If I was Sasuke, where would I go to avoid everybody I hate...

I stood up as an idea popped into my head. "He left...he left the village!"

***

I ran all the way to the front of the village: face to face with the village gate, panting loudly from running.

I looked over to the other gatekeepers and yelled, "Open the gate! I gotta go through!"

"Are you crazy Naruto?! The nine tailed fox is out there, and you wanna go out?!" One of the men asked furiously.

"I have to go out there and talk with Kurama!" I yelled back.

"You can't do that; you'll only die!" he shouted back.