A Better Idea..

2 months later..

Spencer was running down the streets of New York with me clinging to his back. It was a hot, summer day, so he offered to give me a piggy back ride because I am too lazy to walk myself.

"I have the best boyfriend in the worlddddd!" I sung, as we arrived outside of our hotel.

"I know!" He replied smugly, setting me down on my feet.

That's right, Spencer was my boyfriend. We made things official two months ago, when he spent a few days at my place.

We kept it secret for about a month before Maddy and everyone else just guessed that we were.

I could honestly say I was so happy with my life right now. Spencer made me so happy, and spending time with him made me forget everything.

Including the up and coming wedding of two important people, Seth and Sarah. It was June 10th, which meant the date was quickly approaching.

Maybe a little too fast for my liking, but I've been trying hard not to focus on that.

It was the day before RAW, so Spencer had treated me to a fun day at Coney Island, and we took the subway back to Brooklyn.

When we got back to our hotel room, Spencer took a shower while I plopped on the bed.

My phone buzzed with a FaceTime call from Maddy.

"Hey girlie!" I grinned, seeing Maddy and Dean come into view.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you something we both just found out!" Maddy said.

"Alright.." I trailed, curious as to what she was talking about.

"Seth and Sarah are throwing a pre wedding party this weekend in Manhattan, and wanted me to invite you and Spencer." She explained.

"They couldn't tell me themselves?" I scoffed.

"Well..you know Seth hasn't been too happy ever since you started dating his brother." Dean answered, making Maddy smack him on the head.

"He told you guys that?" I questioned, as they got silent.

"That's great..just great." I shook my head. I ended the FaceTime call and grabbed my room key.

"Where you going?" Spencer poked his head outside the bathroom door.

"Out. I'll be back later." I said, before slamming the door behind me. I headed right to Seth's room and banged on the door.

"What?!" He demanded, opening the door. He was wearing nothing but basketball shorts.

"Mind telling me what I hear about you being distant to me because of my relationship?" I crossed my arms.

Seth sighed, "Dean told you, didn't he?"

"It doesn't matter who told me, what matters is  you've been distancing yourself from me and I don't want that. Why can't we be friends?!" I exclaimed.

"We've tried that a bunch of times! And we always revert back to our old ways!" Seth retorted. "I-I just don't think it's smart to be friends now, maybe down the road.."

"So your saying after you get married, it's okay to be friends?" I asked, and he stayed quiet. "I see how it is, well you know what Seth? Let's not make it harder on ourselves, let's just not be friends at all!"

"No, Harper I dont want that!" He yelled.

"So you don't want to be friends right now, but you don't want to be friends at all? I think everything that's going on is because of you, Seth." I shrug. "Your the only one who seems to still make this awkward and more hard on yourself. I think it's because you believe you don't care about Sarah as much as you pretend too. And it's sad you have to fake it because your afraid of letting your true feelings out."

Seth stayed quiet, looking down at his feet.

"Well I wish you luck on your marriage that was doomed to fail from the beginning. Because I won't be there to witness the chaos." I said, before turning down the hall and leaving.

And for once, he didn't stop me.
-

I was in the Women's Locker Room, having just changed into my outfit for the night, when Nikki approached me.

"Girlie..your man is waiting outside for you." She informed.

"Thank you, better go see what kind of trouble he's causing." I giggled, heading outside. I see Spencer leaned against the wall, patiently waiting for me.

"Well, look who it is, just my favorite person in the world." I teased, making him look up. He rushed over to me and spun me around in his arms.

"I missed you even though I saw you like an hour ago!" He sighed, burying his head in my neck.

"I missed you too..so, I've been thinking, this weekend we could go on a little getaway to The Hamptons? It's a few hours away, and we'd get some aloneeeee timeeeee." I suggested.

"But my bro's wedding party is this weekend.." He reminded. "Unless you don't wanna go?"

"Well parties have never been my thing, but I know how important family is to you, so we could always schedule for another weekend." I shrugged.

"No no, I'm always fine with ditching lame ass parties, so this weekend, me, you, poolside, alone.." He winked.

"Are you sure?" I asked, and he nodded. "Seth will understand."

"Okay..yay, I'll book our place tonight!" I smiled, kissing him.

"I knew I'd find you two lovebirds somewhere.." Maddy teased, approaching us.

"Hey Mads, where's Deano?" I asked, cuddling into Spencer's side.

"Getting his hands taped up for his match," She answered. "What's up with you two looking so happy?"

"Me and my girl are going on a little Hampton getaway this weekend," Spencer replied. "So we're missing the party."

"Mhm, that's convenient." Maddy eyed me suspiciously.

"I wanted alone time with my man, can't blame me!" I defended.

"Hey, I'm gonna go inform bridezilla, I'll meet up with you later! Bye Maddy, bye Harp!" He pecked my lips and fist bumped Maddy before leaving.

She turned to me, waiting expectantly. "Mind telling me the real reason your skipping the party?"

"Last night I sort've yelled at Seth and said we should stop being friends..permanently." I revealed.

"Oh, you idiot.." She groaned. "And this has nothing to do with any sort of romantic feelings for him?"

"No..of course not! I'm dating Spencer for Christ sake!" I scoffed.

"Okay okay," She raised her hands. "It was just a question. That sucks you can't suck in your pride, and support your friend."

"I'll be at the wedding, but I just need some time with Spencer this weekend!" I shrugged.

"Well, I hope you two have fun.." She patted my shoulder before leaving.

Later on, after finishing some interviews up, I found Spencer shoving his face in catering.

"Hey babe, I hope Sarah took the news well that we wouldn't be attending.." I sighed, taking a seat beside him.

"Well about that," He wipes his mouth. "She came up with a better idea instead.."

"Which was?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The party gets moved to The Hamptons."

- - -
How will the pre wedding party go?? Their wedding is approaching very very soon! Btw how cute is Harper and Spencer??? Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed :) 💛