Chapter Twelve: Merry Christmas

I sat by the Christmas tree the boys had put up in their living room. Louis had gone back to my apartment to pick up everything that I needed.

I was too afraid to turn on the TV. And I hadn't moved from their sofa since I'd arrived. I felt the seat sink and I knew it was Zayn.

"Are we going to talk about this?" he asked, his hand resting on my knee.

"What do you want to talk about? The fact that you left me and I nearly died? Because I know what you're going to say. I need you, Zayn. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"You wouldn't have died," he smiled. "Look, I know you can take care of yourself and you're taking this transition really hard but right now I need you here with me."

"I know."

He sighed. "Please try not to be so bummed out about this."

I bit the insides of my cheeks, trying to find something to say. "Zayn, I don't want this. I don't want to leave my comfort zone. I don't want to hide," I complained."

"Come with me," he said, holding his hand out for me.

I took it and he pulled me up. He led me into a hallway all guided me into the second room on the right. The bed in the center of the room had been made perfectly in purple sheets, the curtains a close shade.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

He looked down at me a little apprehensively. "Well, the guys and I were putting this room together for you when you called." I watched him walk into the closet and pull out an open box with a picture of a baby crib on the front. "I was hoping this could be your new comfort zone."

"You did this for me? Was this your room?"

"Yeah. I'm rooming with Louis now." He set the box against the far wall and walked over to me, wrapping his strong arms around me. "I'd do anything for you."

The next morning I woke to my light being turned on and Louis jumping on my bed. "Wake up. It's Christmas!"

"Could you not?"

He smiled. "Come on. We've got a surprise for you. Get up."

I sat up in bed and glared at him. "Can't I sleep?"

"No," he replied, smiling as he took me by the arm. "Come on. You'll love it, I promise."

I stood up and followed Louis out into the living room, trying to adjust to the brightness of the room. All of them were there sitting around, waiting for me.

"What's going on?" I yawned as Louis guided me to sit.

He took a seat beside me and Zayn sat on the other side of me. "Good morning."

"We want to show you something," Harry said, picking up the remote.

I looked over at the TV and noticed that it had been paused on none other than E News. "No. I don't want to watch the news. Why would you wake me up at four in the morning to watch the news?"

"No. Don't freak. I know it's early but it was the only hour they'd give this rerun from last night," Niall explained.

I sighed as Harry pressed play.

"Earlier today the One Direction boys Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik were photographed at the ER with and unknown female," Giuliana Rancic said, a photo of Zayn carrying me into the Emergency Room appearing on the right. "Just a few minutes ago, a video of the One Direction boys was posted, going viral in just seconds post its release. Let's watch."

My eyebrows pulled together as I saw the screen change to the boys' faces.

"So, I'm sure our fans have been wondering about the pictures posted earlier on today," Louis said, his eyes darting over to Liam.

"We wanted to come out and tell you guys what's been going on lately with us," Liam continued.

Then Zayn came around and sat in the middle. "A few months ago, I met Riley Miller and well, to skip to the important part, I found out a litte bit ago that she's pregnant with my baby," he paused. "I wanted to ask something of you guys and I pray that you understand: Riley is probably the best thing to ever happen to me. She's caring and sweet and she's doing something for me that I can never repay her for. She's carrying my child."

"The pictures from earlier today taken at the hospital are just a false alarm. Both Riley and baby are just fine," Harry said.

Niall then cleared his throat. "The point of this video is to ask you to please welcome Riley into the One Direction family. She's going to be with us for the long haul. She's truly an amazing person and she needs our support. Our family keeps growing. We need you to make her feel like a part of it."

"Thank you guys for hearing us out," Zayn finished and smiled. "We love you."

All the boys came together. "Merry Christmas, Riley. We love you."

The video ended with Louis reaching forward to shut it off. I was in tears, nearly sobbing as I looked at all of them. Never had anyone cared so much for me. They wanted me here. They loved me.

Zayn hugged me to his side and ran his fingers through my hair. "We love you, you know that?"

I nodded, hugging him back and pulling Louis into me as well. Soon the rest of the boys were joining into a group hug.

"I love you guys."