Chapter Twenty Four: Come Over

I walked behind the boys, my hand held tight in Zayn's. I didn't exctly know how to feel. I was so excited and so nervous all at once that the second we entered the room, I felt as if the floor had disappeared from underneath my feet.

        Louis laid on the bed where they'd first placed him, his eyes wide open, looking straight at us where we stood. I felt Zayn's hand loosen in relief and my heart slow down. He smiled the way I'd always seen him smile, his eyes crinkling at the sides.

        Liam was the first to approach him, followed by Harry and Niall. I stayed at the end of the bed with Zayn.

        "How do you feel?" Liam asked, a small smile on his lips.

        Louis continued to smile as well. "I kind of feel like a punching bag. I'm sure I look like hell, too."

        The boys laugh, but I couldn't help but marvel at how strong Louis was. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't noticed I was being spoken to.

        "Are you alright?" Zayn asked once he'd seen that I was lost in my thoughts, his hand finding the lower half of my back.

        My eyes snapped up to him and I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

        "Come here," Louis said, smoothing out the side of the bed for me to sit. "You look tired."

        I shook my head, afraid that if I got near him I'd just hurt him more. "I'm fine."

        His eyes pierced right into mine. "I want you here. Please?"

        I sighed, giving into what he wanted. I walked past Harry and sat gently at the edge of the bed. Looking down at him, I felt my eyes fill with tears, seeing him and how he was alive. He might not have been alright, but he would be, just as Zayn had told me.

        Louis took my hand in his, his cold fingers pressing against my skin. "You didn't worry too much, did you? I don't want you to worry," he said, pulling my fingers to his lips. "Did you guys let her stress?"

        "It doesn't matter," I interrupted before any of them could answer. "I love you."

        His hand found my baby bump and he held it gently, his thumb running up and down slowly. His eyes never left mine. "I dreamt of your baby. He was beautiful."

        I tear fell down my cheek and I wiped it away, smiling. "I'm sure he was. Now what are we going to do with you? I mean, you're going to be there when he's born."

        The corners of his lips fell a little. "What do you mean?"

        "I want you there when he's born, Louis. I want you with me when it happens," I repeated.

        His eyes darted over to Zayn. "Is that... Are you sure?"

        I almost laughed as I saw Zayn's petrified face. We hadn't talked about it before. "It's my privacy that's going to be in question," I told him, sending a wink over at Zayn. "I want you both there. On the upper half, of course."

        I saw a sparkle in Louis' eyes that made me want to cry. He looked so happy. "You mean it?"

        I nodded. "You've got to get better to be able to be there. Can you do that? You're not going to flake out on me, are you?"

        "Never. Who else is going to hold your hand when Zayn faints?" he laughed, squeezing my hand in his.        

        I returned the gesture, laughing along with all the rest of the boys.