Chapter Twenty Five: You'll See

The next morning I woke to Zayn's sleeping face. His lips were parted slightly and I could hear the sound of his heavy breathing. He looked so peaceful lying there. But most of all, he looked sexy as hell. The sheets only reached up to his waist and the top half of him was exposed.

        I reached forward and touched his shoulder, smiling when he shuddered in his sleep and his eyes slowly opened. He turned his head to the side to see me and smiled, his eyes squinting against the sunlight.

        "You're beautiful," he told me.

        I felt my cheeks burn red as I pulled the covers over my shoulders, remembering that as much as he was naked, so was I.

        Zayn chuckled and leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine. "I could do that again. But we should get ready to go see Louis."

        I nodded, sitting up slowly with my left hand holding the sheets over me. "Look that way," I pointed toward the window.

        I watched him fight a smile as he did what I asked, giving me enough time to get my things and head off to the bathroom.

        The both of us took quick showers and got dressed. Zayn and I waited for the rest of the boys to finish getting ready and we all went to get breakfast together.

        I could feel the stares between Zayn and me, especially from Harry, who knew that Zayn had not come back to the room last night.

        It was three more weeks before Louis was sent home. It was a great relief when we'd been told that some of his injuries had been diagnosed as more severe than they actually were. The head injury had completely healed and his knee hardly bothered him. He had to walk with a cane, though, but it was a small price to pay for a big accident.

        About a month later, Louis was able to walk on his own. His abdomen still hurt from the broken ribs, but he went in regularly to the doctors to get checked. He was doing just fine. And so were the rest of us.

        Louis and I sat in the living room, watching a movie on the flat screen. I watched him, so into what was on the screen that it was actually funny. He was sitting so close that I felt like a mother watching her child.

        "You're gonna go blind," I told him, trying to hide the smile that was trying to creep onto my face. But the smile faded just as it begun when I felt a dull pain in my abdomen.

        Louis turned a little to see me, smiling. "Nah, I won't-" he paused, seeing my pain stricken face. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, quickly making it to my side.

        "Don't freak," I said, "but it kind of hurts."

        "Do you think it's contractions? Because you're only seven months," he panicked.

        I sighed, feeling the pain subside. "I know. Call Zayn," I told him.

        Louis helped me lay back and then disappeared through the hallway. I tried to relax while he came back. Zayn ran up to crouch in front of me, a worried look on his face.

        "Hey, sweetheart. What's going on?"

        The calmness in his voice made me calm down as well. He knew that if he lost control, I'd be afraid. I was afraid. But not as much as I could have been.

        "I don't know. It just started hurting. I mean, it wasn't so bad, but it didn't feel right," I explained.

        He nodded. "Do you want to go to the hospital? We can go right now. You just say the word," he told me, his hand running soothingly up and down my leg.