10

Chapter X

Hours Later...
The concert had ended, which meant the VIP's had a whole hour with Marshmello. What he had told me about Emma worried me a little bit. Has she done anything wrong? I let the thought go away as I walked with her to the same room we first came in and sat down. I had fun meeting other people at the concert.

Once it was my turn to go, I decided to talk to Marshmello about the thing with Emma.

"It's kinda complicated. Me and her have a past. A dark one too. Promise me you won't tell her I told you about this." I read in my head. I looked at him, his helmet facing my direction. From the way he looked, he sounded serious. I nodded and smiled. I then out of nowhere I put my pinky up waiting for him to know. It took him a while before he understood and did the same. "I promise. On my heart I promise I won't ask her or tell her anything of what you say."

He then nodded and wrote what seemed a paragraph. While he did, I sat there thinking why Emma never told me.

"She and I used to be somewhat like friends on the internet. She was nice and everything. I never knew that behind my back, she would post or speak of the stuff I would tell her to others. Sure she didn't tell you, thinking you would get jealous, but everyone else knew. She once came to a concert a couple of years ago, and she decided to threaten me just because I was talking to someone else about what she did. I don't know but she's a wild one."

Once I finished reading I looked down and thought to myself. Could she be doing the same to me? Would she be spreading hate and things behind my back?

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and looked to see Mello looking down as well. I wrote something on his notepad and handed it to him.

'So does this mean we're like... friends in a way?'

I looked down, ready to see the answer be a "I'm sorry but no" instead I saw this;

"I mean... if that means I could try to protect you from her. As in if she finds out we're friends. I bet that would piss her off!"

I could feel my cheeks getting warm. He said yes to that?! So that means we're friends? Am I dreaming? Is this a story, meaning this isn't really real but we'll just go with it?

As I looked up to him, I heard a soft chuckle from under his helmet. I smiled when I suddenly heard a buzz from my phone. I looked and saw a text from Emma. Apparently her mother went into an accident and was at a hospital.

"So sorry I left you there! Maybe you could ask someone there to take you." Was her reply. I sent her an okay and hugs for her mom.

I looked up and saw that I was already out of the backstage. I looked around and saw that the people I met weren't there anymore. I sighed as I thought about my only two options. Either go to and Uber, or ask Mello or Shalizi for a ride home. An Uber seemed kinda weird, knowing that over in the area here, they were miles away from the stadium. I really didn't want to interrupt them this late.

So that meant the only other option was left...