13

Chapter XIII

One Week Later...

As my phone buzzed I slowly woke up from my sleep and looked over to see. It was Mello giving me a good morning and a inspirational paragraph. He started doing this ever since and I think it's adorable.

Mello: "Good morning sleepy head!
Don't forget that you are very amazing and I'm glad I got to meet you that day.   
                  Stay strong and keep on with your
day in a positive mood. I really wish I could visit you but it'll take time. Take
                  care and make sure you don't run into any trouble (Y/n)! From, Mello💕"

I giggled at the beginning and awed at the end. It always made my day seeing different words. As I got up from my bed I brushed my teeth and did my (h/c) hair into (favorite simple hairstyle)

Anne, Carol, and Lillian would come over to talk about Tyler. It would hit me knowing he wouldn't want to talk or even see his sisters. I was becoming more and more worried about him.

"Well on the lighter side of things," spoke Lillian, "how's you and that 'Marshmello' guy (Y/n)? You haven't told us much ever since Anne brought him up!" I chuckled and looked at them.

"We've been talking." I simply replied. They all looked at each other and smiled at me. "He's really sweet and just a nice person." I continued, "He always texts me to make sure I'm doing fine. I love how he's caring." I finish saying as I feel my cheeks feel warm.

The conversation continued and it was all calming in a way.

Suddenly a buzz comes from my phone and I look over to see it's a message from Mello.

Mello: "Hey have you heard of Emma.?"

"Oooh is it him? What did he say?" Asked Carol. I looked up at her and showed her what he sent. Her expression fell as she saw a picture he sent of a news article of an accident in a hospital. Beside it was a picture of Emma. As I slowly turned the phone I stared at the photo. The header read;

"Young Female Dies Trying To Save Patients in Hospital"

I felt my eyes start to tear up. This couldn't be true could it? I could hear sniffles coming from the sisters as they saw in their phones the news article. As I read the article, I cried more and more. My best friend couldn't leave me.

Another message came in my phone and opened it.

Mello: "Are you okay? This might've hurt your feelings but please don't let this bring you
           down. I'm here for you and if you want we could talk."

As soon as I finished reading the message a call started coming in from him. Without hesitation, I accepted it and slowly responded.

"Hello?" I answered. Lillian and Carol went over to their apartment to break the news to Tyler while Anne stayed with me.

"Hey (Y/n). How do you feel?" Was all I heard. As I tried to compose myself I tried to answer him back. "I-I'm okay. It hurts a little but I'm okay. Thanks for caring about me."
"No don't tell me you're 'okay' when you're not. I'm coming tomorrow. I'm on my way to my next concert but as soon as it's finished, I'm coming back." Mello answered in seriousness. I nodded and replied to him.

"I love you (Y/n). I'll see you soon." Was all I heard before he hung up.

In that instance memories filled my mind with Emma. We were friends ever since middle school and we've sticked together ever since. All the fun times we had and everything fell down towards the ground.

Anne stayed with me for a while until she decided to go to her apartment. I waved her goodbye as I closed the door. I grabbed tissues and went to my room. For a moment I wondered if she caught the "I love you" that Mello said to me. Once I laid down I cried until the feeling of tiredness filled my body.
~~~~~
I woke up to the sudden sound of knocking. I slowly got up and looked at the hole on my door. There was a dark shadow in a hoodie. Still sleepy, I opened the door. Before I could answer, the shadow had a gun pointing at me. A wide grin started to appear and the shadow turned into two.

I tried my best to yell or run away. Instead I slowly went back bumping into things as I head back. As I hit a wall the shadows began getting more closer towards me. I started breathing heavily and saw the second shadow with a knife. As soon as I had the power to scream-
~~~~~
A buzz came from my phone. I looked at the time that read 1:13 AM.

Mello: "Hey (Y/n) I'm here. Sorry it's very early. I'm at the door."

As I remembered about yesterday, I quickly scrolled up to make sure the thing about Emma was a dream. Sadly it wasn't and I went over to open the door.

There stood Mello with his phone in one hand. My eyes started to fill with tears as I hugged him. Soft little sobs came out of my mouth.
**********************
1K reads??????!!!!!!

My mind can't understand how many people have spent their time reading this book!
I don't know how I can thank everybody that reads this book.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

-ThatOne_SepticMello