26

It was almost afternoon. After the cops had asked many questions, they left with Lillian and Anne so they would hopefully get more information from Tyler. Meanwhile, Carol stayed with me for a few moments. My mind was racing with thoughts here and there. Only this time they wouldn't leave. They would spiral with other thoughts.

"Hey you okay (Y/n)?" I heard Carol speak softly. Her eyes looked so tired. I think everyone was tired with all of this. "Honestly, I'm not sure. There's just too many thoughts and it hurts thinking about them." I said slowly. This was unusual to share my emotions and thoughts, but today seemed like the day to share.

We then sat there in silence. It was so loud that it could swallow us both at the same time. The company of someone else felt nice though. Even though it wasn't long since Mello was here, I still missed seeing someone in my apartment. It was like time went slower.

Before I know it, I look up to Carol who's sleeping on the couch. I giggle before going up and getting a blanket for her. I wanted to go and sleep in my room, but felt afraid to be alone at the moment. I grabbed a blanket for me and went back to the living room. I covered Carol in the best way I could, and then I sat down on the opposite couch. My phone had my headphones connected so I thought listening to music wouldn't be bad. I covered myself with the blanket and laid down.

Only except my playlist was mostly Marshmello songs. My blanket also had a smell that was different. It was a nice one, but not my perfume. I got close to it and sniffed it until it clicked in my head.

It was Mello's perfume. Probably from the day when we did a movie night. I smiled to myself as I remembered the day.

We were about to start the movie when Mello got up to get a blanket. He had taken a while and picked "the perfect one" for both of us. He came back hugging the blanket tight in his arms. I smiled to him as he sat down. What he didn't know was that I had already gotten my blanket. Instead, we both had our own blankets and watched the movie with snacks.

Once the movie ended, we talked and talked until we both got tired and slept. The next morning I woke up in Mello's lap while his arms were hugging me. I tried my best not to giggle so he wouldn't wake up. Instead I snuggled closer to him and put my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beat and it was nice hearing it. There I sat, listening to the heart beat of Mello and eventually I felt his arms grabbing me a bit more tight, but just enough for me to get up if I wanted to.

But now?

I wish I could hear his heart beat again. I wish he was here holding me tight again.

I miss him.
—————————————

Hello everyone!

I know it's been a LONG while since I've updated this. And I remember seeing a comment for me to update... so here's this!

ALSO
5K READS???!!!!???
THAT IS INSANE

I truly mean it when I say this. I love you all for reading this book. I know I claim school for my absence (which is true) but it makes me happy that there's still people out there reading this book. It's what keeps me going to continue this book.

With that said, I may or may not make a few chapters.

Again thank you all for reading this book.
See you all soon!