Patience.

"I am. NOT. Going to just let this happen," Severus grunted through gritted teeth as he stood with both his hands firmly gripping onto the back of an oak chair placed in front of the similarly made desk.

"I am sorry my boy but you must. It has been a year and yet..." The old man pondered his words carefully as he looked over his half-moon spectacles, "you are not yet fully healed nor, are you as sharp as you were before." Albus spoke as though the man in front of him might lose his entire mind and start breaking items but Snape was in a lot of pain still and so couldn't react as he normally would. A bandage no longer resided on the neck of the potions professor but instead a scar that was conveniently covered by the black cloth located around his neck and torso.

"I am not weak." Snape tried to snuff any idea out of the old man's mind.

"Well, prove me wrong then Severus..." just as the sentence was paused Albus threw the closest thing to him, an inkpot, whilst gleefully muttering 'catch' to him. Severus completely missed and didn't even have a chance to raise his hand in time. "See, the old Severus would have stopped this." Albus waved his wand and undid the mess made by the inkpot across a rather furious professor.

"I am the best potion expert in the magical world. I need no one." A sneer crossed his lips as Albus replied

"You need to check that ego of yours. Just because you are exceptional doesn't mean you are without fault nor are you all-knowing in the subject." Snape glared furiously at Albus as he dramatically swept from the room making the old man chuckle with joy as he knew the small win which had just been had. As the door closed behind the black-clad man Albus smiled and turned to his bird. "Fawkes, the poor girl has a lot of work ahead of her. I believe it would be harder now than before when I was last the headmaster." Stroking the flamed bird he pondered the years ahead.

Snape strutted through the halls and furiously stomped past everyone else. "Severus." Minerva stopped when she realised a conversation wasn't the best idea at the moment but instead she would wait. "Take care," She muttered as he turned a corner pretending not to hear her. The corridor was empty aside from Minerva and the portraits, the only noise was the older woman's shoes clicking on the floor as she walked shaking her head causing her bun to shake slightly as she muttered; "I wish the poor girl all the luck in the world." A slight smile came across the sweet lips that belonged to the old woman as she thought 'she will need it.'

Snape on the other hand was despising the mysterious person already as he thought about the year or possible years to come. "They are probably the ugliest, fattest, spottiest being who sleeps with everyone they see, they will almost definitely be completely incompetent in the subject." His face was furious and paintings who would normally comment decided to let this one slide as his face spoke murder and no one even wanted to be on the receiving end of all his anger. Peeves floated by and was about to annoy him when he too stopped and upon seeing his face thought that this once he would stay silent but later, he would more than happily make up for his silence. Snape took no stop as he headed to his private chambers and drank the entire bottle of firewhisky on his shelf, slipping into a drunken slumber. The students and his apprentice would arrive the next day making him wish to slip into nothingness.

The night passed and soon Snape was sat in his seat watching dunderheads be sorted into houses he didn't care for except his own.
'More arrogant Gryffindor students to discipline,' he thought with a hint of venom.

"Thank you." Snape was brought from his loathsome state by Dumbledore carrying out his speech which was well thought through. "I would like to welcome new and old students to the castle. There has been a great loss but no more, I know that for sure. This year we all return as friends and no one is to forget that." Albus slyly looked at the pale figure dressed in black with a large hooked nose to his left as he stated this. "Now for this year, I would like to congratulate you all on your studies, old and new as well as your houses which you have been allocated. This year there are obvious changes to our staff as you would expect to happen after such an event but the changes are small and are as follows, our new defence against the dark arts professor is Professor Kingsley Shacklebolt, professor of muggle studies is Professor Angelina Johnson and although they are unable to be here right now there shall be an apprentice, of sorts, who has the same authority as any other professor here, assisting Professor Severus Snape in his subject. Unfortunately, they are currently at St. Mungo's assisting the healers, dealing with their patients. The assistance shall be provided until further notice and I hope everyone welcomes them with open arms. Now, time for food, dig in." With that said, food appeared and students dug in. Albus spoke to the professors, especially those who had stood and introduced themselves at the beginning of the speech as he welcomed them less formally than before.