Awkward!

Athena had decided to walk around the school grounds helping where she could. Minerva was doing the same and they walked together through the fields of grass and students when the older woman questioned the younger. "How have your lessons been so far today? Any fights?" Athena smiled at Minerva's questions but shook her head.

"No, you see we haven't really talked that much today." McGonagall nodded whilst taking in the emphasis on talked but she smiled kindly at the girl.

"You weren't at the ball and now you cannot stop smiling. What has happened?" Athena smiled sheepishly but decided to talk about the ball?

"I turned up at the ball ten minutes late and everyone just seemed happy. I figured that I would sit it out. I mean, there will be other dances." Minerva was surprised by this fact but figured she had an answer after all.

"I thought Severus was due to bring you to the dance." Athena wasn't sure why he hadn't but didn't want to ask him.

"Oh, yeah he didn't but when I left he was with Poppy so I am glad. I mean we would have fought or something." Minerva chuckled at the true statement but pursued another line of questioning.

"What has you so happy?" A light blush dusted her cheeks but was thankfully saved by the bell sounding meaning the two had a class to teach and help. They waved their goodbyes and were gone on their separate ways. As Athena entered, the class was full as always and the lesson carried on without a single argument even starting. Students were getting curious as to why but none even thought about the truth. Snape had taken the talking while reading tip from Athena which the students were grateful for as they managed to keep up with their notes. When the lesson ended Athena had started making potions that the infirmary needed desperately as well as another batch for the young werewolf that would carry them to the end of the school year, plus some. It was obvious who he was because of his missing lessons and tired demeanour around that time.

Snape had no class next and so started helping her with what she needed but as soon as Daisy the house-elf had taken them to the designated positions where they were required Severus had sat at his desk while catching glances at her occasionally and she walked slowly up to him. "I have paperwork." He stated quickly but the want was so obvious. Standing on his desk then lifting all of his papers onto her lap once she sat down he quirked a brow. "How am I supposed to do them now?" His voice was deep and caused a stir within her and Albus' words swirled in her head

'Small difference between hate and love.' Although she didn't love him she wanted him.

"Oh, I thought that I could assist you." Her tone was alluring and Snape looked disbelieving. "My legs can be the table." Severus instantly began signing again but they both felt the intimacy of the situation and the second he had signed them all he dropped them in the draw and locked the door. Both of them were placed on top of the desk as he devoured her mouth with his own. When Severus pulled back she bit his bottom lip making him smirk and kiss her again. The kiss lasted a few moments before he pulled away and she let him as both gasped for breath.

Snape stood swiftly and Athena brought her body up with him and smiled making Severus feel a stronger desire for her entire being. "So, Mr dark and, hm. I will fill that blank in later, what made you suddenly want me?" Her voice was mischievous and Severus smirked.

"Who says it was sudden?" Biting her lips she looked sweetly up at him.

"So, I suppose I should head to dinner." He nodded once and left with her. When they got to the table all of the professors looked at once then turned back.

"My dear, not a single fight all day. I am surprised." Minerva spoke to Athena who only blushed and ate her food so rapidly that she got indigestion. Eventually, the professor got away and started walking around the grounds but was met by Severus.

"I see you are enjoying the grounds." She nodded thoughtfully as the two had a conversation all the way around the castle and returned to the classroom for their class. When they entered Athena was laughing whilst Snape was smirking. When the door was opened the two stopped when they noticed three bodies in the room.

"Ah, Severus my boy. I was wondering if you had a moment." A singular nod resulted in the two leaving promptly.

"So, Flint. What has happened?" Pomona asked cheekily as the three all sat around the circular table located in the professor's private quarters. Silence was all that they got in return but the older two weren't happy with this.

"Athena." Minerva pressured and she gave in to the tone.

"Severus and I have reached an agreement." Minerva sighed and looked bored before responding to her.

"No. It's more than that." Athena finally told them the truth.

"We are not in a relationship but have kissed about twice. For some reason, he has suddenly decided that he doesn't hate my existence." Two eyebrows arched but they were met by an equally arched brow of the younger professor.

"You two cannot make that face. You asked but I doubt we will go long before arguing. Before either of you make a joke about there being a fine line between love and hate, Albus did days ago." Their faces lit up and three hours were filled with talking about anything the three could think of.

"Don't let him hurt you," Minerva warned wisely as they were leaving.

"Depending upon the severity of it he is allowed one or less massive mistake but that is all." There was a little comfort in her words but still, reservations were had. "Honestly, where there is change you are there Minerva. A true Gryffindor." With that, they were gone.

After two hours of grading, she had finished and changed into her pyjamas. As she lay there trying to sleep she thought of Severus and the risk she was taking. As if he knew though he knocked and was granted entrance. The second he was in he noticed her minimal night clothes and his lips found her lips. "I have a question, Severus." He nodded and they sat on the sofa together. "Do you just want me for sex?" He shook his head and reassured her of his desire to have and real relationship."You have loved before though." Once again he began explaining.

"I do and ways love her but less intensely. She won't be forgotten but instead, I will move on. You see..." after a long and very complicated explanation, Athena rested her head on his shoulder whilst yawning. Severus was going to suggest he leave but she had fallen asleep. He carried her limp body to bed where she laid like a princess for the night all snug and asleep.

"Dark and sexy," Muttered Athena and before he could question it Athena explained, "I told you I would fill in that blank later. Mr dark and sexy." A deep chuckle filled the room and Athena spoke her final words for the night "I like that noise. A massive turn on." He chuckled again and left as he pondered his own thoughts of Lily and Athena. There were obviously similarities but also a lot of differences both physically and mentally. Severus was going to enjoy his time with her and that was for certain.

The next morning brought a new day with a school filled with students merrily eating their food as they ready themselves for the day of schoolwork and for some they had homework as well as detention. "Athena I believe that you seem less awake than usual." Pomona joked but Athena rolled her eyes.

"I went to bed at the usual time. Well, perhaps ten minutes later but don't even think about it, Pomona." She smirked but left the conversation in the past as she moved on to her lessons.