Actually be careful.

It was two weeks until Christmas and the students were all getting excited for the holiday that was ahead of them. It was the buzz and air that brought Athena from her somewhat drowsy state when she actively sought out peeves. "Ah, hello, Beautiful. How can old peeves help thou today?" A giggle passed her lips.

"Oh, peeves you aren't old just fun. Now, what ideas do you have for the next few weeks?" The two were dangerous apart but when together they could start a fire with the pure passion that was lit within them for their plan for the next two weeks. Being the first Christmas since the fall of Voldemort everyone knew that the school would make a big deal out of it, especially with Albus in charge of the school, so, obviously, Athena had to make a big deal too. "All I need to do is make a few potions? All right." The plan was set and within the hour it was carried out. The entire student population had received a shock when peeves floated above their heads and as he passed they all immediately became vibrant Christmas colours. A few shouts came from the students and the boring part of the teaching faculty looked annoyed at the ghost as they rolled their eyes. A true chuckle left the plump red lips of the young witch at the table. At this noise, a few others joined as they watched the young children react in their own ways. The holiday was turning jolly. The face of the witch returned to its usual stance as she left to go to the classroom and there she endured the last day of painful arguments for that year. 2001 would start soon and new arguments would be had.

"Athena." His voice was low and soft when the two were alone in the classroom. "I would like a chance to tal..." his baritone voice stopped when a sweet melody sounded as Flint made her response.

"We have talked. All lesson, but you just yelled. I have done nothing wrong yet you were the one who was using me as a Lily supplement." A gulp was visible from the wizard as she spoke but he was quick to respond.

"Veritaserum." She nodded slowly and found a bottle on the shelf. He drank it quickly as she began asking the questions.

"Why did you say, Lily?" He looked reluctant to answer but his entire body made him.

"I was thinking about how familiar your perfume was when I realised that it was the one she would wear whilst at school." Flint felt a rush of joy and asked a further question

"If Lily were here and she said  that she loves you, would you choose her over me?" He shook his head rapidly and gave an honest answer. "What do you feel for me?" Severus was curious also for the answer.

"I would do anything for you." A quaint smile covered her lips when she heard him.

"Why were you fighting me today?"

"Fear of rejection." Athena knew she couldn't have been happier and so launched her lips readily at him as her hands found his hair and she tugged gently making him deepen the kiss with a desperation that neither knew he possessed. They knew that students would be joining them quickly and so pulled away but Athena laughed with joy when she saw a tint of residue from her lipstick.

"Sorry." Was mumbled when her wand was waved and his face was as pale as before. This was when Severus noticed a being at the door. Kingsley was looking curiously at the scene but didn't utter a word about what he saw as the red hue had crept up one of their faces but she tried desperately to cover it up.

"Severus I was just wondering if you would be able to allow Athena to be free from your grasps tomorrow during the Christmas dance practice." Severus looked inquisitively at the young witch who shrugged her shoulders.

"May I ask why you want me?" It was made clear that Filius was supposed to talk with her earlier and so she left in search of the man.

"Filius, I was told that you needed a word." Her voice was peachy and her entire being was happier as well as her tone sounding like a pure song.

"Of course. I was wondering, well you see, I am about as tall as my students' knees. What I am asking is if you would be able to teach my students the dance routine for the Christmas ball, it is obviously the same one as we learnt for the Halloween dance. They would learn better if their partner was tall enough to actually place their hand on their waist." A silent laugh was sounded as air was expelled rapidly and a not so discrete smirk was shown.

"I would love to." He smiled widely at this and then too laughed lightly as he remembered the last time he had to do just that.

"Well, I shall see you then." His small hand waved goodbye and he headed to his class of first years. The walk back was carefree as her steps were light but still as the heels contacted the floor an echo resonated through the hall that she strode down. The castle had a few students who had nothing timetabled running about whilst playing around. The weather was awfully cold with snow hammering down on the grounds outside whilst those who were free were able to throw snowballs and make snowmen. Athena joined in a little but knew that she was too cold as all she wore was a skirt and a thin top. The day drew in as inches of snow fell freely and covered the grounds around the school. Snow angels were occasionally spotted on the ground as students had given up and gone inside to grab a warm drink and sit by a lit fire. Eventually, the day had even ended and dinner began, although some students were completely covered up in fabrics due to the negative temperature that they were forced to endure. The castle took the snow well but not the negative temperatures as taps froze up and Peeves was the most gutted as he wasn't able to flood the bathroom again. Athena had on occasion run around the castle watching peeves run around but he would float through walls so she would have to give up but when she did see his naughty deeds she commended him for his work and occasionally joined in on the action herself.

The hall was deserted quickly as students and staff either went to a lit fire or enjoyed the cold weather. Athena had covered up in thick black jeans, a tight black top and a black coat that was snug around her as she ran through the snow. Despite her age of 29 she often acted as though she was a student herself. Her time in the snow was delightful but cut short by a dark man. "Severus, you scared me." He had walked up to her but in her thrilled state, she hadn't noticed him till he spoke her name. "I am frozen. Mind if we go to my chambers?" He nodded his head as the two walked to the room that was their desired location and sat by the freshly set fire. "So, how come you came to see me?" His head was perpendicular to the floor as he sat bolt upright in the armchair.

"I was curious to see where you had gotten to after dinner. How do you know Draco?" She nodded and answered his question.

"Pure-blood families were often invited to the manor whilst I was growing up. Draco was the only child there that I could handle more than two seconds with. That includes my cousin Marcus, he used to be in the Slytherin Quidditch team." Severus was a little surprised by the response and finally, he realised her connection with the world around him. The scorching mug that Athena held was placed on a coaster as she got up onto her tired feet that were covered in ankle socks. There she wandered over to the professor and sat on his lap as she curled up with her head on his chest. "You need to relax more. I won't hurt you." After her words had left the woman's mouth his chin was placed on top of her head and there they sat until they woke up realising that they had fallen into a deep sleep. A yawn and a stretch later Athena was getting dressed as a sleeping Severus stay sat on the chair with a slight snore. She wore a black dress that had buttons running up the chest. The material itself was thin but there were plenty of layers that warmed her up. Severus had awoken by this point and so kissed her goodbye as he then left. Red lipstick was shortly placed on her lips as well as a fair amount of makeup that gave her face even more of a gentle glow.

The morning was endured with great ease as students buzzed about the practice for the ball that was due to occur on Christmas eve. All of the professors had places to be at that time, either teaching the dance itself or going to Hogsmeade for required decorations. The day was purely dedicated to the dance as students would have to revise afterwards and work as no lessons could be carried out with the professors all leaving and coming back continuously. If they were not doing something for Dumbledore then they had to be stood in the hall watching over the students and even helping if asked but students didn't usually ask for assistance but instead got their homework done, planned something or wrote letters to those they loved. The castle had come back to a life of genuine joy and the mourning was still there but everyone had begun to move forward with their best foot possible.