Fructose

The first of September came around too quickly and Athena found herself sat at the high table next to Filius and Sybill. First years all stood in awe at the ceiling as well as the vast size of the room. Older students all talked about who the younger ones are and a few sneers were seen from the green table. Minerva read out the vast array of names until the last one was sorted. For Athena, this was the first time witnessing this as she had always been doing something else and so she smiled at them all equally. Albus quickly brought himself to his feet and silence was made. Awe-struck faces stared whilst some bored ones stared halfheartedly. Athena listened intently as she was staring down at the tables. No new teachers were announced for the first time since the dark arts post was cursed. Eventually, the food appeared and despite her desire to eat everything she also felt sick. The idea of food made her both eat it all but also sick it all up at the same time. She decided against eating and so instead waited till it was acceptable to leave. As she was just outside of the quarters she felt a presence beside her. "You didn't eat." It was blunt and a small part of his voice made it sound like he was questioning her.

"I didn't think I would be able to keep it down." He sent a questioning look and she just shrugged. "I want to sleep, I am tired and feel sick." She spoke the password and entered the private quarters with him close behind. The pair brushed their teeth then laid in bed. They entangled their bodies to the point of no escape. Severus wore pyjama bottoms and she wore one of his many white shirts. Athena woke at the usual time and began to get dressed but before her second shoe was on she rushed to the toilet and threw up something. 'shit' she mentally exclaimed but cleaned it all up with a wave of her wand. Her second shoe was placed on and she woke a sleeping Severus.

"No," He mumbled but she just pulled the covers off and he climbed off of the bed to his draws. Eventually, he allowed her to brush his hair and instantly it no longer looked greasy just fluffy.

"You should do this every day." He threw her a look of mischief and she kissed his lips. "Right, to breakfast." Athena walked first and arrived first. Only two seats at opposite ends of the table could be seen so they sat apart. Poppy was to the right of the young girl and so she whispered. "Can I see you later?" Poppy nodded and a small gleam showed that she held her suspicions which may be very correct. The food tempted her again but she only ate a piece of toast, just. There was no doubt now but still, she hoped to be wrong, just for the sake of Severus.

Athena stood in the hospital wing just after lunch and waited patiently for Poppy to return. Eventually, she did and gave a command to lay down. The room was pure white and no other student was present but the curtain was drawn just in case. "Homenum revelio," was announced and the wand was lit a bright green colour. Poppy smiled so joyfully that it scared her. "Baby, conceived you know when, and I can tell you the gender if you wish but it is only correct 99/100 times." Athena nodded rapidly as her eyes stung with potential tears, tears of joy. "Boy," was all that she heard as she looked amazed and stared at her stomach.

"Thank you." Was nearly shouted but refrained as she left to return to work. The day of lessons would be endured but her entire being buzzed with joy. She entered the classroom and sat at the back. She was pulled from that happy state when a deep voice angrily bit at her.

"Nice of you to join us." The class of first years had heard of the pair fighting and so whispered with some saying 'told you so' or others just mouthed 'bloody hell'. Her stare was bored and annoyed as she looked at the man in front of her.

"I have a life. I needed to be elsewhere. It could not wait and I would ask that you watch your tone." His glare wasn't filled with hatred but instead confusion and questioning.

"Back to work." His voice shouted and immediately they began writing quickly. The two had a few minor confrontations and the first years were glad that it didn't get too much. When the lesson ended the next class entered quickly and no words were spoken. Seventh years all sat working away when Severus spoke rapidly. "Professor Flint, are you incapable?" It was harsher than expected and she glared daggers.