Dumbledore

The day passed slowly and Athena felt glad as she knew the next day would mean that the dance was going to happen. The town was busy as students and adults wandered through, feeling incredibly lucky to be there especially the couples who were finally able to have a proper date away from the castle with a drink to share. Dumbledore even braved a visit into the town and as he fought valiantly against the crowds of people he smiled merrily down at those around him whilst giving a warm greeting to those who he knew. He stumbled upon a small witch with her brown and blond hair. She was sat with a few people she appeared to know from her past. "Ah, Athena my girl do you mind walking with me?" Her head snapped to him and she agreed readily whilst smiling an awkward goodbye to her friends. Once she had her jacket on she hugged them all for dear life as a last attempt to be close to them. The three all hugged just as tightly and promised to continue writing to her. Her black jeans were tight to her recreating the sensation of being hugged all over as the white blouse beneath hugged just as tight but the outfit was finished with a jacket and it added just enough warmth to not make her cold or sweaty.

"How can one help you today?" Athena had her interests pique with his sudden approach and couldn't stop herself from asking.

"Oh, my girl you see Severus is furious in his classroom and I was wondering if you knew why." Small blue eyes rolled to show the fact that she knew that Dumbledore was completely aware of what had passed a few hours prior.

"Look, we will still talk and I am still helping him but I will not let him insult me for the rest of the year. Besides, I am here to help him yet he acts like I am there to hinder him." Albus chuckled sweetly at her as he pondered the truthfulness of her words.

"You, you are a smart woman. A woman who is fed up of being hurt yet, you forget that others get hurt too." Athena huffed quickly replying with a snarky tone.

"I am not hurting him. He hates me and the feeling is mutual but me doing this helps him. No longer shall I insult him or hurt him in any way as I only discuss strictly professional topics with the man." Four gleaming eyes met as the two looked at the other person.

"Athena, anger is a defence mechanism. You should know that." A bushy brow arched knowingly at the witch.

'How does a brow arch knowingly?' she asked silently to herself. "I know but that is more than defence. He says things that not even Dolores Umbridge would stoop to." Dumbledore nodded agreeing with her but silenced her completely with a simple line.

"There is a small difference between love and hate. Besides you cannot have hoped for him to just welcome help with open arms. He has been alone for so long." Athena nodded knowing that he was right for some of it.

"There is a small difference between love and hate but it is obvious that our relationship shows only signs of hate and maybe I did make my hopes too high but not only did her pull them down and break them, he also made me feel stupid for having them in the first place and for that I cannot handle it." Albus looked at the girl who was genuinely destroyed by the fact that she and Severus didn't get along but she didn't know how to fix that.

The next morning, having skipped the other meals, Athena was stood outside the classroom. Knocking lightly Athena entered after a violent 'enter' sounded. "Professor, I have come to help mark papers." Severus looked suspiciously at the witch as she opened the door further, pulling herself through and taking the stack of seventh-year students' work. Had he been like he was before the war, the marking would have been done by that point but he couldn't as his mind and hand needed time to comprehend it all and make the notes. Students had enjoyed having another person to mark their work as they were actually given direction and praise if earned as well as no name-calling.