ALBUS!!!

The rapid steps of the fuming professor echoed through the halls as her heels touched down on the floor furiously as her short frame walked pointedly to the headmaster in his office. Her voice was crisp and sharp as she spoke the password to the office, "blood pops." The office was busy with paperwork everywhere as well as trinkets and decorations making the professor feel uncomfortable in the mess as she needed order.

"Ah, I was heading to dinner, actually, may we attend together?" Albus asked lightly with a twinkle in his eyes but she merely sighed.

"No, I will be quick. I quit." Albus was a little surprised but expected that a similar conversation would occur, just not this quickly.

"I thought you would come to this conclusion eventually although do you mind explaining?" The two pairs of eyes sparkled but Athena knew her eyes sparkled with fury.

"I hate him and he hates me. We fight and when I act like an adult he just launches more insults with even deeper meanings. I help him and he just gets annoyed. He doesn't think he needs help and yet I spend a lot of time helping him and he just shouts his head off with the fact that I am not needed so I want him to see the truth but I am not returning. No amount of persuasion will bring me back." Her voice was a soft one but the annoyance radiated from it just the same. Athena started pacing and didn't stop when she got a reply.

"I know he is insufferable at times, are you perfect? I am grateful for you helping at Hogwarts and I believe all of the other professors have loved your company not to mention students who you have helped whether with classwork or redirecting Severus' rage from them to you. I only ask for you to stay for the school year." Athena started to shake with rage at his words, not believing his audacity.

"I have spent years working in St Mungo's, healing the stubborn and talking with the mentally deranged but he has pushed me too far and I cannot let this happen. I cannot go insane because he cannot handle that he isn't the same as before. Neither of you are, I mean, I can tell when you try to read my mind but before you never had an issue with reading even the most closed-off minds without them knowing." Albus nodded knowingly and sighed, standing and placing an arm around her shoulders.

"I received a message for you actually from a Melanie Carrow saying 'it is done' although I have no clue what 'it' is." Athena nodded sweetly and looked to be pondering something when she replied.

"I wish to leave tomorrow then I shall decide whether I return." Albus nodded and agreed.

With the conversation, Athena didn't realise that she had been walked to the dining area and a few faces looked to be questioning her when the name of Carrow was mentioned. "What do you have to do with a Carrow?" Snape sneered and Athena sat reluctantly next to him in the only empty seat and filled her plate.

"None of your business," she responded rudely with a hint of pure hate for him. Snape rolled his eyes and continued.

"Tomorrow..." only to be cut off by Athena with sharp hating words.

"I am leaving tomorrow." A few professors and students looked at her wanting to know what she had meant by that and Minerva piped up from her right.

"Forever?" Athena only shrugged a 'most probably' at those around her and Snape felt guilt and fear of the headmaster well up in him. The meal passed with a few questions for the young witch and she answered quietly to those who were curious. Albus watched and feared that she would leave before needed. Snape needed her and everyone, even Snape himself, as well as students, knew this. Athena smiled a curt smile and stood from the table abruptly as she left swaying slightly as she did.

When finally in her room she changed into her pyjamas, praying that no one would summon her to the hospital wing again and embarrass her in her sleepwear. That night she wore a long dress that was white and black. The white and black fabric fit well to her body and showed none of her curves as she laid in bed and removed anything sleep didn't need, her glasses were placed on the bedside table. With a loud knock at the door, she climbed from her bed and made her way down the stairs slowly as she stifled a yawn at the bottom of the steps. The candles had just been re-lit and she opened her eyes a little more as she got used to the light. Reaching and swinging the door wide open revealed a Professor Snape. "Again?" Was asked sounding exasperated but Snape shook his head and gave a curt, 'no' so Athena invited him in.