ten

"seokjin what do you think you're doing?!" i pull away from him as he tries to hold my head in place so he can kiss me more.

he calms down and sits back into his seat. regret washes over his face looking at the glare i'm giving him right now. my tolerance is at its limit.

he doesn't answer my question and he doesn't apologize. all he does is have a hard look on his face the entire drive to pick up my car.

when the parking lot comes in sight and seokjin parks next to my car, i unbuckle my seat belt quickly. i want to be far away from seokjin right now.

"do you hate me?" he asks before i could open the door.

i sigh loudly, "no but you overstepped your boundaries, i will let this slide. i don't think you're aware of your feelings kim seokjin, and i will not be your toy."

"why won't you love me back?" he asks huskily.

i pause, i like seokjin, he's everything a woman wants. what's there to hold back from? oh wait. it's because he reminds me of my ex, they're both handsome, with a snap of their fingers women come to their beck and call, they're rich, they're a danger to my fragile heart, and they're full of themselves.

"because seokjin, if i did i wouldn't be free." i say quickly taking my bags and hurrying to my car not paying attention to the man who i see from the corner of my eye exit his car angrily.

i successfully speed away, my mind feels numb and i somehow feel my heart burn. i don't think i'm ready to love someone yet, not after what HE did. i'm sorry seokjin...

-

it's now the next weekend and the banquet is outdoors near the forest preserve. a pavilion stands tall near the lake where the sun is starting to set behind the trees. the celebration will begin when the sun sets, the air is becoming cooler but a steady warm breeze brushed against the trees.

it's been a week since i've seen seokjin and from what i have heard, he will be present today.

i'm setting up the tables where all the hors d'oeuvres (samples) will be placed on silver plates. i'm wearing a simple white dress up to my knees, a black and white stripped belt hugged my waist, and a gold necklace my mother had given me. my hair falls to my shoulders and i curled the ends of it. i'm also wearing pastel pink wedges which are comfortable enough to maneuver easily.

my employees place the white table cloth upon plastic tables and the DJ with a couple instrumental artists start to set up near the flower gardens. i begin to delicately decorate the tables with food i have prepared, fried rice, calamari, steak, salad, soufflé, the chocolate fountain, and more. i heard there will be kids here so i wanted to make it kid friendly.

people start arriving and i see many celebrities. actors, singers, business people, i see jisoo enter through the path leading to the pavilion. she looks quite beautiful in a floral sleeveless length dress, i was gay for her the entire time she strolled to where i stood.

she embraced me and she smelled like flowers, jisoo tightens her grip around me and i chuckle in surprise, trying to release myself but that's when i hear a familiar voice speak behind me.

"y/n? is that you?"

"don't turn around, follow me." jisoo grabs my hand and i listen to her for the first time. she weaves through the crowds until we're at the opposite side of the where the couches are set up.

"he's here." we say at the same time however my voice sounds more like a question. jisoo chuckles and my eyes scan around the pavilion, no sign of HIM.