thirteen

the sunlight breaks through the white curtains and morning greets me. a protective arm is wrapped around my waist. i blush hardly at the spooning position seokjin and i are in. not wanting to wake him i check the time and it's 10am, meaning the scavenger hunt will start in two hours. plenty of time for me to place the flags around the woods and slip the maps under doors where my friends sleep.

seokjin can sleep through an earthquake but i see his arm wiggle around where my body was supposed to be. when he realized i wasn't there he opened his eyes and almost caught me taking the maps out of my bag. i hurriedly hid them behind my back.

"what are you doing?" his raspy morning voice gave me goosebumps.

i decided to just give up and tell him my plan.

"i have maps to give to the employees, they're the riddles i prepared."

"do i have to participate?" he whines.

"yes. because you invited yourself and have to follow me rules."

he rubs his hands up and down my arms.

"before you go, tell me a secret about yourself." he whispers.

"why do you want to know my secrets?" i fake gasp. "you're going to tell a little birdie later?"

"no, love, i just want to know more about you." he softly smiles and i of course give in.

"this one time in middle school i did poor on a test and accidentally "spilled" orange juice on all the tests."

"you bad girl." he teases and i just shrug.

"i don't have many secrets seokjin, you read me like an open book."

"i can't believe when you were born i was 8 years old already. i bet you were so cute." seokjin wraps me in his arms again and sways us gently back and forth.

"i was quite the troublemaker." i chuckle.

"when i was younger i had so many girls swooning over me, even though i went to an all boys school i got twenty roses." seokjin brags and i just scoff breaking the hug.

"trying to make me jealous? i bet in high school you had less wrinkles." i tease knowing i went too far and he'll punish me for calling me old so i ran out the door with the black flags and maps. all i heard was a "YAH YOU RASCAL!" when i ran down the stairs chuckling evilly.

-

at 12pm sharp all thirty people were outside the house. jungkook came up from behind me to give me bear hug.

"i hope my partner is y/n so we can have some fun in the woods." he announces and almost everyone looks at him with wide eyes.

seokjin coughs very loudly and sends death glares to his younger friend. jungkook gets the message, "don't touch what's mine."

i go back to my cheery self. "alright everyone, raffle time! what will the prize be when a pair finds the most flags!"

i mix up the bowl which has folded pieces of prizes i could afford. when i feel satisfied with mixing i reach into the bowl as if it's the Hunger Games. i clear my throat and unravel the paper.

"the prize is... a month of free food from the restaurant!" i announce and people get excited knowing the ingredients we cook with are the highest quality and is local, never frozen.

-

we split into groups and i end up with jungkook AND seokjin. since i know where all the flags are i didn't know why i decided to participate so i guess we are going to just wander the forest. the two boys don't even work at my restaurant.