17. peace summit

"they were murdered

"they were murdered. killed by the new hunter in beacon hills. you know, when he took out the hellhound, we thought that it was luck. that we were dealing with an amateur. but now we know that whoever this new hunter is, he has a teacher." scott explained.

"gerard. which means this is my fault. i'm the one who let him go." chris said.

"you couldn't have done anything." lydia told him.

"he could've killed him." malia said as everyone looked over at her.

"we're aware of that." rachel told her.

"just saying." malia replied.

"we're not executioners." lydia told her.

"you are when it comes to war." malia replied.

"that's why we're gonna make peace." scott told them making rachel laugh.

"with gerard?" lydia asked.

"yeah, seriously, scott, that's not your best idea." rachel said.

"guys, you know what's coming. we all keep using the same word." scott said.

"war." argent said looking over at scott.

"so what stops a war from happening?" malia questioned.

"peace summit." chris replied.

"right. we meet face to face with gerard. find out what he wants. and then we stop all this before it gets any worse." scott explained.

"last time gerard was at a peace meet was with deucalion. he blinded him and then he killed everybody else, including his own men." lydia reminded them.

"i'll go. he's not gonna kill me." chris said.

"you sure about that?" malia asked him.

"not really." he replied looking back at malia.

"all we need is to find out what he wants. then we can bargain." scott told chris.

"even if he does agree, his terms might be difficult to meet." argent said.

"well, that's why it's a negotiation. i don't expect to get anything without giving something up." scott replied.

"then you're going to have to figure out just how much you're willing to give, and how far you're willing to go to stop a war." argent told him.