Chapter Nine: News

Y/N POV:

I walk into the room with Charlie and Shawn and I see my best friend, lying there, thank God she's still breathing, I walk towards her and she's awake and she has a smile on her face when she sees me. I give her a small hug and then the doctor comes in, "hello, are you her guardian or someone she's very close to?" The doctor asks me, I say I'm her best friend and that my name is Y/N and Y/L/N. He nods and then he sees that Charlie and Shawn are with me and says, "are you friends with Charlie Puth and Shawn Mendes?" He asks me, I nod my head and say, "Charlie is my boyfriend and I'm just friends with Shawn." He looks at me with wide eyes and says, "well I know that it's a very bad time to say this but once I give this young lady the information about Olivia's health, do you mind if I get your autographs and a picture? My daughter and I are huge fans of your music." 

Charlie and Shawn both say yes and then the doctor gives me the news, "well she has two broken ribs, they'll heal in about six weeks, so Olivia shouldn't be up and around much so you should help her get around while her ribs heal, nothing else is damaged, she doesn't  even have a concussion, although she has one broken wrist on her right, which will take 4 weeks to heal, she doesn't need any therapy so once they heal she can be up and around as much as she used to, but take it slow." I say thank you to the doctor once he finishes and Shawn and Charlie walk out with the doctor to give him his autographs and pictures he asked for.

I look at Olivia and she looks at me and tears form in my eyes and I say, "I'm so sorry Olivia! I'm so sorry I got you into this mess with me dating that scumbag from before!" I say to her sobbing making a little puddle on her hospital bed she looks at me with a comforting look and says, "hey don't you dare be sorry, this is not your fault! This is just minor anyway and a month goes by very fast and pretty soon I'll be up and about again, so don't you dare be sorry for that jerks sins and mistakes." She says to me, I hug her tightly but not too tight, just in case something happens to her ribs. Then Shawn and Charlie come back in. Shawn introduces himself and Olivia introduces herself and they shake hands, I feel some chemistry going on between the two of them and I give her a look.

 She rolls her eyes but then Charlie gives the same look to Shawn and he responds just like Olivia did and we all just start laughing but then I hear Olivia wince in pain because of her ribs, I immediately try to comfort her and then one of the nurses say we're free to go. I help Olivia up from her bed and I put her in the back seat with Shawn when we get into Charlie's car. I turn around to see the two "lovebirds" in the back seat and they immediately hit it off. I nudge Charlie for him to notice and then he looks back and whispers to me, "new couple I see" he says raising his eyebrows. I start laughing but then Shawn must've heard it because he flicks the back of our heads and says, "shut up," but I can tell he likes it and so does Olivia.

***15 minutes later***

Charlie POV:

"Yo love birds we're back at the apartment!" I say to Shawn and Olivia but then Y/N nudges me and I look behind me to see that Shawn and Olivia both fell asleep on each other while holding hands in the back seat. Y/N and I raise our eyebrows. I decide to wake up Shawn but not Olivia, so that way Shawn can bring Olivia upstairs to her bedroom. I nudge Shawn awake and he wakes up but not Olivia, I whisper quietly, "we're here," and he nods, he opens her side door and carefully picks her up bridal style into the apartment and upstairs to her bedroom. Once Shawn is gone I go to Y/N and say, "how much do you wanna bet that they're gonna be a couple soon?" I say to her while she's on the couch watching Netflix while in her favorite pose, the couch potato. Y/N looks at me and says, "I bet you 5 kisses and cuddle time." 

I smile at her and say, "okay you win," I say to her and I immediately join her on the couch and we watch pitch perfect 2. We snuggle up together and I give her little kisses on her forehead and lips. During the movie, I ask her, "so did you tell Olivia that you guys are probably gonna move to California with me?" I ask her, she says, "oh no I forgot! Also, I don't know if we could go and travel now because the doctor says she can't be up and about that much." I give Y/N a sad look and say, "well I'm not gonna leave you guys alone cause I'm not gonna let this happen again, so I'm gonna stay with you guys until Olivia ribs and wrist heal and then I'll help you guys pack to move to California with me." She gives me a concerned look and says, "but how 'bout your music? Don't you have to write and produce more for a new album?" I chuckle and say, "but don't YOU have a microphone, a keyboard, and an electric guitar in your bedroom?"