Chapter Ten: Childish Things

Y/N POV: 

I wake up to a kiss on my forehead and smile to see Charles beside me with his arm wrapped around me. I giggle and I say, "now this is the morning view I wish to wake up to every day," he smiles at me and pulls me closer to his chest. We stay in this position until Shawn barges in on our cuddle sesh and says, "HEY GET UP! Y/N, YOU AND OLIVIA ARE GOING TO BE LATE FOR WORK AND CHARLIE, WE NEED TO WORK ON NEW MUSIC FOR OUR NEW ALBUMS SO GET YOUR *** UP!" I jumped up when I heard Shawn's loud morning voice but then I say, "actually, since Olivia is broken right now, I called work for the both of us and said that we're not gonna be in for a while, so go cry in the corner, Mendes!" He rolls his eyes at me and says, "well you both have to get ready for today because I made breakfast and then Charlie and I have to get going with new music." I respond with an "okay, okay okay!" He just playfully rolls his eyes and when he leaves Charles and I get up and get ready. 

I brush my teeth while Charlie showers, once Charlie is done, we swap places. Then we get ready, I wear a tomboy outfit because I hate wearing girly girl things (see outfit below) 

"Looks like I'm dating a tomboy now does it?" Charlie says when he sees my outfit, "I thought you knew that I was a tomboy considering that I'll never wear a dress voluntarily

"Looks like I'm dating a tomboy now does it?" Charlie says when he sees my outfit, "I thought you knew that I was a tomboy considering that I'll never wear a dress voluntarily." He chuckles and says, "then how come I saw a few dresses in the back of your closet?" "That's because those are for special occasions, formal parties, dances, stuff like that." I respond, "well okay then, let's head downstairs before Shawn yells at us again, he's such a dad." I laugh and say, "I'm telling him you said that!" I say with a mischievous grin he gasps and goes, "oh no you are not!" "I am so!" I say and I race out the bedroom door with Charlie behind me, I run downstairs and beat Charlie to it, I see Shawn and Olivia talking but they stop once they see me and Charlie coming, "SHAWN! CHARLIE SAID YOU ACT LIKE A DAD!" Charlie comes right behind me and picks me up and goes "NO I DID NOT SHE'S LYING!" Then Charlie puts me down and Shawn starts laughing and Olivia does too. Then Olivia goes, "you both are acting like children, no wonder why Shawn needs to be the dad role model." Charlie and I give both of them a look and go, "oh so you must be the mom then huh?" Charlie says and Olivia starts blushing like crazy. 

"Har har har, very funny Charlie, now go sit down and eat before I send you to the time out corner." Charlie gasps and goes, "NO NOT THE TIME OUT CORNER!" I start laughing because Charlie is really embracing this four-year-old character, "Then EAT YOUR BREAKFAST!" Olivia yells at Charlie, dang, Olivia really is acting like a mom. Olivia gives me a look that a mom would do and I immediately start eating my breakfast. But then I realize I have to tell her about moving to California. I give Charlie the, "we need to tell her," look and he nods, then I start. "Hey Olivia, Charlie and I have been thinking and he thinks we should move to California, all three of us, because he doesn't want us to go through this again, you know, us being kidnapped so he wants to protect us, he said we could live with him and he was thinking that maybe I can become a singer?" Olivia is shocked when I just told her this all in one go, so I say, "I know it's a lot to take in right now so I'll give you some-," Olivia cuts me off and goes, "OF COURSE WE'LL MOVE TO CALIFORNIA!" 

Charlie and I are shocked at her response and we go, "really? You don't even need time to think about it?" Charlie and I are still shocked because of how little time she needed to think of an answer, "UM BRO IT'S CALIFORNIA! THE HOTTEST CELEBRITIES LIVE THERE! Plus I can get a lot more followers on my Instagram, I got 1,000 more followers on my Instagram when they saw the picture of Charlie carrying you bridal style." I blush at the thought and then I go, "okay well we're gonna stay here until your ribs and wrist heal because I'm not risking you getting more broken than you already are. Olivia rolls her eyes and then she goes, "wait what about Shawn?" Then I say, "Shawn's going to be staying with us to protect me and you, but once you heal up, Shawn is gonna go back to Canada and we're gonna start packing." Once I said that Olivia made a frown on her face, Shawn notices and says, "well maybe I can move to California with you guys?" (A/N I know Shawn doesn't live in the United States this is all fanfiction so) 

We turn around to look at Shawn and we're confused and then Charlie goes, "are you sure? I mean like it's a big thing, you'll have to move from Canada-" Shawn cuts Charlie off and goes, "Charlie I know I know, but while I'm here I'm gonna start looking for houses and then I'm gonna take care of everything." Charlie says ok but he then says, "so why all of a sudden you wanna move to California with us?" He starts blushing and I and Charlie look at each other with "the look" and Shawn flicks us off and we start laughing. "I just wanna move near you guys that's all," Charlie and I give a sarcastic ok and he curses at us and we just ignore it. We finish breakfast and Charlie and I head upstairs while we leave Olivia and Shawn to talk some more.

"Why can't they start being a couple already, like they already act like one even though they've known each other one day." I say to Charlie and he responds, "I know right." We start chuckling and then we head into my room to work on stuff for Charlie's new album and maybe some stuff for a future album for me? Who knows, I think to myself. 

"So, what do you wanna work on first Y/N, a new album for me or a future prototype album for you?" I think for a second and say, "let's do yours first," he nods and we get right to it. 

Charlie POV:

Y/N and I start writing a new song for a new album for me and we can't think up of any lyrics, I get frustrated after a few minutes and say, "uggghh I have no ideas!" Y/N gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and says, "it's okay babe, we'll come up with something soon," I nod and smile because just her presence in the same room as me makes me calm down and be happy. "You know what let's take a break and just sing some of your songs from the voicenotes album to see if that'll kick up a spark in your brain." I nod because it's worth a shot, I wanna get some ideas into this musical brain of mine. Y/N walks over to where her phone is and scrolls through her playlist and finds 'somebody told me' (that's my 2nd favorite song on Voicenotes besides the way I am so) Y/N opens her mouth and starts singing like an angel. 

Sorry I haven't posted in like a week, I've been very busy lately and didn't get time to write, I might just post once a week or maybe more depending if I feel like it or I have the time to. But thanks for all of you who are reading this fanfic! 

-puthinators_4life