[1.1]

A/n: Oh my fluffy cheesecakes! Thank you SO much for 1K! (Notice how I exaggerated so? Yep, too lazy to repeat so a few more times. I feel like I'm gonna hibernate) I can't believe how far this story has gone! And another thing..So sorry for not updating yesterday. But I got this chapter uploaded! 

~=~

Freed and Laxus were walking down the path at a steady pace. In their usual comfortable silence. Freed catches Laxus shaking his head; like he was trying to shake of a thought. Freed looks at Laxus in confusion for a second before returning his gaze back onto the path ahead of them.

"So this book...what exactly does it do?" Laxus questions his eyes travelling over to Freed, noticing how Freed stiffens slightly.

"Well...I- It contains runes" Freed explains, relaxing once he saw Laxus's calm expression...then again it's usual quite calm and collected except the occasional anger that is clearly visible on his face.

"You really know what types of missions to pick don't you?" Laxus comments, smirking once he saw Freed's flustered face.

"Ah, erm...I-I suppose so" Freed stammers, his eyes darting towards the forest surrounding them.

"So let just confirm this, there's a guy who owns a book about runes. And a mystery person...more like thief stole a few pages. Supposedly this thief is a rune Mage himself. Our job is return the pages, and the owner most likely will fix it. We get a few rune spells and reward money. It's a win, win?" Laxus expands slightly, the smirk vanishing off him face.

"Yes, that was quite quick" Freed informs, going back to his usual self.

"One more thing: I think this 'thief' is from a dark guild" Laxus informs, turning his head slightly to see his partner's reaction.

"What makes you say that?" Freed asks, confusion lacing his face.

"Think about it. If your in a dark guild. Would you ask for the book? Or take it?" Laxus replies.

"Well, I will never be in a dark guild...but most likely take it considering I'd already be wanted by the council" Freed responds.

"Exactly. So your learning magic. And you want to learn rune magic without your guardians knowing. So you take singular pages out of a book and gradually learn them."

"So your suggesting this thief is young?"

"Yes I am" Laxus states confidently before looking ahead once more.

"I don't think we'll need to much fights in this one. I think it'll be a matter of persuading this Mage to do the right thing" Freed sighs.

"Yeah. This is your type of job, but you seem upset?" Laxus voices his thoughts.

"You won't like this job" Freed comments, looking down slightly.

"...I already told you"

"What?"

"I came because I wanted to do it with you. Not based on money or the job. Whatever job you decide to do we were going to do. I don't really care as long as we both come back in a good condition stop worrying so much" Laxus  attempts to reassure turning the other way to hide the faint blush on his cheeks.

Freed smiles. And that alone makes Laxus's heart pound.

"Oh and Laxus?"

"Yeah?"

"I see why your an S-class mage. Your really good at this type of thing" Freed compliments his eyes returning to the road.

"Well...I'm only this good because of experience from S class jobs. Not really anything special" Laxus shrugs.

"I'd love to be an S-class wizard someday" Freed states looking almost in a trance.

"I'm sure you will Freed."

~

Freed and Laxus finally reach the clients house. Freed reaches out and knocks on the door professionally before taking a step back.

"Here's where you can do something I can't do" Laxus whispers.

"What's that?"

"Being polite" Laxus replies causing Freed to chuckle.

The door opens to reveal a pretty scared looking client, especially for someone who was supposed to be a mage. Laxus gives him a confused look causing Freed to gently elbow him in the side.

"Hello sir, we're the mages you asked for from Fairy Tail" Freed greets formally. Trying to be as simple as possible.

"Ah, y-yes" The client stutters causing Laxus to gain the urge to facepalm.

"Could you give us some details?" Freed questions lightly.

"Of course" The client clears his throat in a way to regain his posture before continuing. "Come inside. My name is Jackson."

Jackson moved from his entryway. Allowing the mages to come through. Jackson can easily see that Laxus was hesitant at first, but soon followed through after Freed. He wondered for it for a moment. Since Laxus seems to have a strong aura surrounding him. Stronger than the mage that first greeted him.

"So are you a rune mage?" Freed asks directly. He knew that Laxus was extremely uncomfortable being in a strangers house.

"Oh, right. Business. Well to answer your question I'm not. But my wife is" Jackson explains. "The book was handed down through her family for generations. I know she is devastated about it" he continues with a heavy sigh.

"I can see why she would be" Freed thinks out loud. Looking over at Laxus to see him lost in thought.

"He isn't a talkative one is he?" Jackson questions with a hearty laugh causing Laxus to snap out of his thoughts.

"Sorry what?" Laxus asks with a stern tone.

"He was joking around. Don't worry" Freed reassures causing Laxus to sigh.

"Fine" Laxus grumbles breaking eye contact with Freed to look at their client.

"Do you think this 'thief' is some sort of mage or wizard?" Laxus asks in a stern voice once more.

"Looked a bit too imitating to be a mage or wizard based on my experiences" Jackson responds, looking out of the window.

Laxus and Freed look at each other and sigh.

"I do believe this 'thief' is in fact. A Mage/Wizard from a dark guild sir."

~=~

A/n: There's some Fraxus. A lot more than I expected...I might need to cut this chapter short. But I'll see weather I can fit another chapter in!