[1.6]

Sting and Rogue stared at each other. Neither knowing what to do or say for that matter. A guilty feeling tearing Sting apart. Sting suddenly stood up, knocking the cups over on the table.

"Woah- Sting!" Gajeel grumbles, sending him a weak glare.

"I don't need a shower if that's what you're implying" Gajeel growls out, the idea angering him.

"I don't think that's the-" Rogue was cut off by Sting running away from the table.

"Sting?" Rogue questions, turning to Gajeel who gives him a nod. Rogue runs after Sting who seems to be heading for the apartment.

"Sting!" Rogue calls out, fearing for his best friend. He never saw him like this.

'He's more than my best friend.'

Rogue shakes the thought away. Knowing that it wasn't the time to be day dreaming. Sting doesn't reply; but continues to run to the Fairy Hills apartments. Running past the lady at the front desk who sends the two scolding looks before returning to her work. Sting arrives at their front door. Desperately trying to open the door before Rogue gets there. But knowing it wasn't going to happen with his hands shaking as he tries to unlock it. With a sigh he allows a tear to leak out of his eye.

'Damn mating season.'

But Sting knew it went beyond that. Knowing he was just blaming it on it, being a believable excuse. Yes, Mating Season added to this. But the whole thing made him just want to curl up into a ball and lie in bed. And he knew that was something he couldn't do. He felt guilty for telling Gray. He felt guilty for relying on Fairy Tail so much. Felt stupid for not knowing more about Mating Season. And worse if all...He felt both stupid and guilty...for falling in love with his best friend. Rogue Cheney.

Sting feels Rogue's arms wrap themselves around his waist. He hates being weak.

"Hey, it's okay" Rogue comforts in a soft tone. A bit out of breath by how much he had to run.

"...it's not okay" Sting manages to get out feeling weak. He's never this weak! Fiercely shaking his head he forces himself to calm down. Applying extra force to the keys causing the door to unlock. Rogue sighs, knowing Sting is again...being stubborn.

"Forcing yourself to calm down isn't going to help you in the long run" Rogue sighs leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Who cares" Sting grumbles fighting the urge the throw the T.V remote at the T.V screen.

"I do" Rogue simply replies, closing his eyes in a calm manner.

Sting couldn't stop himself. The words came out of his mouth before he could even process what he was going to say.

"Why? Why do you care Rogue?" Sting demands, feeling the friend zone coming a long way. He didn't care at that moment in time though, he didn't feel much. Numb, still wracked with guilt. Knowing it's a possibility that he ruined Natsu's relationship with his mate.

Rogue's eyes snap open. Not expecting a response like that. Those words echoing around his brain. After thinking to himself for a few minutes he finally decides what he's going to say.

He's going to do it.

"Because Sting...You're my mate."

Sting freezes in place. Like time stopped moving. His eyes like saucers from his shock. Not believing what he was hearing. Rogue liked him back? Impossible! Someone as good as Rogue. But he couldn't help breaking into a grin. One that Rogue will forever remember.

"You my mate too Rogue."

Rogue stares at Sting for a while. He liked him back? Sting actually liked him back? Rogue breaks into a small smile. One that Sting will forever remember.

"I love you Sting."

"I love you too."

~=~

A/n: ....
.........
........
.......
....
...
..
.
.

EEeeeeekkkkkk!

Oh my god.

Who fangirls over what they JUST wrote? Well, I'm doing it. I'm actually doing it.

Stingue~

But like I said last chapter. There still on stage one! It's not over before something actually happens I promise.

Hope you Stingue fans liked it!