Chapter 15: Family

Previously on Fix me up...

"How could you leave me... and just go...! You left me all alone... in that dark and lonely place... you... You wanted to live with me."

You should have kept your promise.

"You said we'd be happy together!! You told me that over and over again...!

The fairy tail was all just a lie?

"You said we'd get out of there and be happy, you said you'd try hard... you said I should have hope and wait... I ..."

...

"I thought... you died and wouldn't come back...!!"

So I was so sad.

"I wanted to die, you know that..?"

Even when mom tortured me and stayed up all night crying, I waited for you. It was so painful, just as if half of me was being torn apart.

"I don't know anymore. I don't know... how to hate you... how to trust someone again... How am I supposed to live now?

*****************

"Thank you for forgiving me. I'll be good from now on."

"I haven't forgiven you."

"You can't kill me."

"Damn it..."

Maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and believe half of what he says.

***************

"... Rain was my older sister. When I was born, my father died in a car crush, on his way to the hospital to see me and mom. Ever since that day, my mother hated me because she thought it was all my fault. She used to say that if I had not been born, my father would still be alive. With no relatives, Rain was the only one who loved me, who protected me. Always telling me that she's going to get me out of there. And one day, she was gone, under the pretext that she's going to London to work and earn enough money to take me and live somewhere together, just the two of us. But... she never returned. I have never seen her again since then. I though that she left me because she hated me. Until..."

"Until Rika told me that she came to Mint Eye to escape from her miserable life and be happy. She... she never cared about me! She left me all alone with my mother and couch, who called me fat and useless..! Who told me that I'm better off dead and never cared for my successful career as an ice skater!"

****************

"But.. why RAIN? Why that name?"

"Well, a virus can give you problems that you'll never forget. Like Rain, she gave me memories that I'll never forget... good and bad."

——————————————-

3rd person pov