13

Echo gets up and realizes that her period is late. "No. No. I just started my career. I can't be pregnant." She pulls out her emergency pregnancy test and takes it. She waits 5 minutes and it beeps. She looks at it, and frowns. It's positive. "Why me? It's too early in my career." She start to cry. There's a knock at the door. She opens it and Roman is standing there. "Why are you here?"

"I came to return your purse. You left it in my room." He hands it to her and suddenly notices the tears in her eyes. "What happened?"

Echo shows Roman the test. "Turns out we did sleep together."

Roman looks concerned. "That could be Jonathan. There's always that possibility." He's right, there's still that possibility that the child belongs to Jonathan.

"I don't know... All I know is that it can't be that accurate right?"

"It's 99% accurate. Is that still not accurate enough?"

Echo sighs. "I guess you're right, but we hate each other. How are we gonna raise the child together? If the child is yours anyway." They sit on the bed.

"We don't necessarily hate each other."

"I don't know. I really do hate you." They both laugh. "Stop laughing. That wasn't funny." Echo tries to keep a straight face but fails. Roman thinks it's cute.

"Echo, I may be cocky at times, but just know that I'll be here for you and this child, no matter how much we seem to despise, yet lust after each other."

"You're right, Roman."

"About what?"

"I don't necessarily hate you. It's just a cover up for my lust for you." Echo leans in, and BOOM! She's woken up by her nausea. She gets out of bed and runs to the bathroom to throw up in the toilet.