23

"Paige? Since when was she your friend? She hates you."

"No she doesn't. When I woke up, she was there comforting me."

"When did you wake up?"

"When they were pulling me into the room where they do autopsies, they were about to do mine, but I woke up just before they cut me open. The doctors said it was a miracle."

"You woke up? From the dead?"

"It's possible. I only died for 7 minutes."

"Wait a minute, so you've been alive for 3 years and you didn't let me know?"

"Paige said that it was best for me to stay at her house, and I'm still unsure of who you are. But I have this feeling that you're familiar to me. That's why I've been following you."

"Oh, I guess. But why did you stay with her?"

"Because she's my best friend."

"She hates you."

"She doesn't. When I woke up, she was there as one of the doctors and she took me out of the hospital and kept me at her house. I was scared to leave until now."

"You dyed your hair..."

"I did. I dyed it black, because Paige said that I should start to look like her, since we're best friends. This is a way to thank her for taking care of me."

"You have it all wrong. She's not your friend. I am."

"I don't know you. The doctors said that I don't remember anything before the tragedy. Paige was the first person I saw when I woke up. Paige also said that I attempted suicide. The doctors also have that in their files. If you know me so well, why did I want to kill myself?"

"You didn't try to kill yourself. I promise you."

"Then what happened?"

"Paige happened."

"What do you mean? She's my friend."

"She's not your friend. She's playing you. She was the one who tried to kill you and lied to everybody to take the blame off of her."

"Really? She said that I had a lot going on with my life. Too many things happened at once and I couldn't take it anymore, so yeah...that happened."

"She's the reason that you had a lot going on."

"I don't know why, but I'm starting to believe you."

"It's because we were best friends before you died. It upsets me that you can't remember that. We were in a fight that lasted a year and I never got to fix things with you."

"Really? Wow. I'm getting feels. I think I believe you." Echo gives Daisy a long look, and memories of their friendship flash in her head. "You're Daisy. I missed you!" She gets up to hug her. Her memory starts coming back slowly. "I hate Paige. That bitch!"

"That's my girl! Now let me take you inside." They go inside Daisy and Jacob's house. Jacob looks at Echo.

"Oh hey, Echo!" He looks back at her. "Echo!" He hugs her. "What happened to your hair?"

"Paige made me dye it. Long story. Wait, Daisy, who is this? He seems familiar too."

"This is Jacob. He's your best friend too." Daisy introduces.

Echo hugs him again. "Jacob. That's who you are. I missed you too."

"What was that about?" Jacob looks confused.

"The doctors said that I have minor damage in my brain, causing memory loss. Do you see my scar?" She looks down so they can see it.

"That's a nasty one." Daisy makes a face.

"We're glad you're back. But how is this even possible. You're supposed to be dead."

"Long story short, somehow I woke up from the dead. I was only dead for a few minutes. The impact caused memory loss. I don't remember anyone or anything before the impact."

"Where does Paige play into this?"

"She made me believe that we were friends. She was the first person I saw when I woke up. And she kept me in her house and never let me leave. She made me dye my hair black because she wants me to look like her."

"So that's where Paige has been. She hasn't been showing up to work. She basically realized that she failed the murder and tried to make you look like her because when she murders other people, she can pin it on you." Jacob figures things out quickly.

"Good job, detective!" Daisy pats him on the back.

"You've mentioned work. Where does she work? Does she work with you guys?"

"She used to work with us, but she got fired because she hasn't been showing up. Instead, she's been filling your head with crap and making you believe that you guys are friends and then she'll turn on you in any moment, because of her MPS." Jacob writes these things down.

"She has MPS?"

"Yes."

"Wow, what a bitch!"

"She used to be my girlfriend. That is, until I got Daisy." He kisses her cheek.

"Aw, you guys are together?"

"Yes, and we're proud."

"So let me into this job you guys do. Where exactly do you guys work?"

"We're professional wrestlers in the WWE. You actually work there too."

"Really?"

"Yep. You know, tomorrow night is Raw. Why don't you stay here tonight? Make yourself comfortable."

"You sure? I could just go back to..."

Daisy cuts in, "Paige's house? Too dangerous. We're not gonna let you do that."

"Well then I guess I'm staying. What's for dinner?"

"Whatever's in the fridge. We already ate."

"Okay, I'll make myself some eggs."

"It's nighttime. You really want to make eggs now?"

"Daisy, of course. I'm weird like that."

"Do you."

She makes the eggs, Jacob goes to bed, so it's just her and Daisy. "Want some?"

"I'm good."

"Well I actually wanted to talk to you."

"Sure. Fire away."

"Do I have a boyfriend, or husband, or any man in my life?"

"Yes, you do, and he loves you very much!"

"Really? Who is it?"

"You'll meet him tomorrow."

"He works with us?"

"Yes."

"So I'm dating a hot professional wrestler...ooh I like!"

Daisy laughs. "I missed how weird you are! I'm glad you're back!"

"I'm glad I'm back too."