28

It's been a few weeks since the incident with Seth. Echo has been avoiding him left and right. The last thing she wants is to get pregnant with his child! Roman, Carter, and Echo have all been catching up with each other. They're such a happy family. Jacob and Daisy are a super happy couple who have recently gotten engaged!

"He bent down on one knee and said, 'Daisy, make me the luckiest man on Earth, and marry me.' Now, I know that sounds cliche, but it was super adorable! I couldn't possibly say no." Daisy's going on about how amazing Jacob's proposal was. She even shows Echo the diamond ring he got her.

Echo's listening, but she's distracted by Seth and not in a good way. "I see."

Daisy's facial expression instantly changes. "What's wrong?"

Echo snaps out of her thoughts quickly. "Oh, nothing. I'm okay."

Daisy glares at her. "Nothing means something. Spill." She demands.

Echo sighs. "Alright, alright. I'm paranoid."

"About...?"

"Seth, Paige...everyone! Who knows who else could be working with them?"

"Hold up! Seth and Paige?"

"Yes, Seth and Paige!"

Daisy face palms herself. "That's nuts! I thought he was your friend!"

"Come to think of it, I thought he was too!" She shrugs. "But don't let my paranoia ruin your perfect day. Okay?" She puts her hand on Daisy's shoulder.

Daisy reluctantly nods. "Okay."

Echo pats her back. "Okay good. At least Paige isn't after you." She smiles and walks off.

An alarm sets off in her mind. "Wait!"

Echo stops and turns to Daisy. "Yes?"

"I've seen Paige recently."

Echo crosses her arms. "And why didn't you tell me this?"

"I'm sorry. I just didn't wanna worry you. You already have too much on your plate as it is."

"Don't worry about how much I have on my plate. If Paige wants to hurt you, then it's also my concern. I'd much rather her and Seth kill me than you! You're my best friend and I can't imagine my world without you."

"That's how I felt. Your death has messed me up badly. I was paranoid about almost everything! I've had to go to therapy. But now that you're back, I'm okay."

"You're not scared that Paige is after you?"

Daisy shakes her head. "No. I'm not."

Echo's usually the brave one and the outgoing one. Daisy's usually the complete opposite.

"How could you not be?"

"I don't know. I'm just not."

"Daisy, you don't need to be brave for me. It's okay if you're scared."

Daisy raises her voice a little. "But I'm not, okay?"

Echo raises her hands. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'm just used to the old Daisy. The one who was afraid, the one who was shy. The one I always had to protect."

"Well I grew up since you left." Daisy snaps at her. "I'm still Daisy, just not the same Daisy. I don't need you watching and protecting me all the time anymore. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

"I'm sorry. I-I..." She stutters.

"Save it!" Daisy walks away.

Echo doesn't let that stop her from protecting her best friend.