18

Echo hasn't been showing up to work. The only person that has seen her is Roman. They still travel together. They share hotel rooms, but she doesn't leave the room when he goes to work. She doesn't wanna see anybody at this point. Everyone knows about her pregnancy and about Roman. She's lucky that she didn't get fired. She's hiding her face from everyone. She's ashamed. Poor Jonathan doesn't know about her pregnancy. That's why she hasn't gone home yet. She lied to Roman about the divorce. Echo hasn't spoken to Jonathan since they last saw each other in Miami. Echo hasn't ended things with him, because she still loves him. Echo can't stand lying to Roman's face. Every time he smiles, she feels worse about the lie. Guilt eats her alive. She's been eating a lot more. She feels and looks a lot more pregnant now. Roman enjoys pregnant Echo for some odd reason. Roman sees Echo sitting on the bed, and sits next to her. "You okay?"

"Of course I am."

"No need to lie."

"Fine. I can't lie to you. I'm not okay."

"What's wrong?"

"Daisy."

"You miss her, don't you?" Of course Echo misses Daisy. That's no lie.

"I do."

"Then why don't you make up with her?"

"From the way I've been acting lately, I don't even think she'll be able to look at me."

"Why?"

"It's just complicated. The last thing she said to me was, 'I'm trying to help you. Remember that.' and she pats my back and walks away."

"How do you think she was helping you?"

"By telling Hunter about my pregnancy. She's the 'concerned co-worker'. It's completely obvious."

"Please don't jump to conclusions. Daisy is a nice girl."

"I can jump when the conclusions are obvious. She was obviously mad at me enough to try to get me to leave. Why else would she be the person to get a title shot? It's because she's jealous of me. She hates the fact that she's never had the title and she found a way to get it."

"Oh please. That's your friend. She would never do that. She was just doing her job."

"Then why aren't you talking to Seth if he was just 'doing his job'?"

"That's different. He backstabbed me and Dean."

"Okay, then this is the same case. People you least expect tend to backstab. It's the way of life. You know what?"

"What?"

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna pay someone a nice visit and thank her for trying to protect me and my baby." She smiles, and exits the room. This is the first time she's left the room in 4 months.

"Echo I don't think this is a good ide-" The door slams before he could finish. He sighs.

Echo is on her way to Daisy's room. She gets to the door and lifts her hand to knock, but she hears Daisy and Cody laughing in the room. Echo finally gets the courage to knock and the door opens slightly, and Daisy comes out in a white robe. "Can I help you?" Daisy looks pissed off.

"I don't need any help. I came to thank you."

"For what?" Daisy's attitude gets bitchy right away.

"Causing Hunter to release me for the next year. I was almost fired. Why would you do that?"

"Why would I do what?" Daisy comes outside and shut the door behind her softly.

"Tell Hunter about my pregnancy! Stop playing dumb, Daisy."

"I really don't know what you're taking about." Daisy seems confused.

"Yes you do. Stop lying. It's not good. I'm already on to you and you're already in trouble with me. Just know that when I get back to work, I'm coming for you first."

"I'm not a liar. Get you stories straight before you talk, okay?" She turns toward the door and gets in the room again and tries to shut the door behind her but Echo holds the door open.

"I'm not done with you."

"Okay, but I'm done with you."

"I can't believe you. You're a bitch, Daisy."

"It's funny how this is coming from a woman who has bitch as her middle name."

"That's it!" Echo slaps Daisy really hard in the face. Daisy covers her cheek, and tears start forming in her eyes. There is a red handprint on her face, and her nose starts to bleed. Echo looks at her dead in the face, and instantly starts to feel bad, and tears start to form in her eyes as well.

"I can't believe you, Echo. You don't believe me."

Echo couldn't look at her anymore and looks down and runs off.