Tasks At Hand

TONI'S POV

I have so many questions going through my mind right now.

'when am I going to ask her? How am I going to ask? Where am I going to ask?' and it goes on and on.

But I knew one thing for sure is that I needed to ask for permission.

I walked down the stairs to be met with Cheryl reading in our living room on the couch.

I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey princess i'm going to the-uhhh-gym so i'll be home in a hour or two." I told her. She looked at me like she didn't believe me but I just ignored it.

"Okay. On your way back can you get me some ice cream?" She asked me. "Of course baby girl." I said and made my way out the door. "I love you beautiful!" I shout while smiling. "I love you too dork!" Cheryl yelled back with a laugh. I closed the door and got in my car. (I sold my old truck and got something better looking after college.)

I reach my destination and walk towards the stone I was looking for. When I found it I sat down on the ground and leaned against it.

"Hey, I know its been awhile since I was here but i've just been busy with football and Cheryl wanting to redecorate our house so we had to buy a lot of stuff. But thats not the reason i'm here today. I want to start this conversation off by saying i'm in love with your sister." I said looking at Jason's headstone.

"That girl is the love of my life and I really want to keep her. I love her smile, her laugh, her smirk, her dimples when she smiles to hard, her blush when I compliment her and call her pet names, her caring personality, and the list just goes on and on because whats not to live about her." I said while laughing a little.

"Now Jason the question I want to ask you is a serious one and I have put a lot of thought into it, and since you were Cheryl's protector for so long and you were the person she went to for everything, I thought it was appropriate to ask you." I rambled getting nervous.

"Can I have your permission to marry your sister?" I asked. I realized that I more then likely won't hey an answer. "Can you just send me a sign for yes or no?" I asked. Just then the whole sky got bright and shined on me. "Is that a yes?" I asked smiling and the light got brighter. I started laughing and then I turned to the other stone beside me.

"Nana Rose, I already know you just heard everything I just said so now may I have your permission?" I asked and right as I finished a vibrant rainbow appeared in the sky.

I started laughing again because I was so happy. The two people that mattered the most to Cheryl just gave me the permission to have her forever.

I stood up and dusted my pants off. "Thank you. You guys will not regret this." I said and turned around to walk to my car. As I turned around I thought I saw a flash of red hair but I guess it was just my imagination.

I went to the gym so when I get home I could look sweaty and I technically didn't lie to Cheryl if I did.

Once I got home I grabbed the ice cream that I got for Cheryl and went into the house.

"Cheryl!" I shout and get no answer. "Cheryl where are you!" I shout again. I shrugged and went into the kitchen to put her ice cream in the freezer.

I heard footsteps down the stairs and looked to my left and saw Cheryl standing in front of me in the clothes she had on before.

"Hey babe did you get what I asked you to?" She said while walking up to me and she hugged me. "Yeah I just put it in the freezer." I said rubbing her back since we were still in our embrace. "Thanks babe." She mumbled into my chest. "No problem baby girl." I said.