four

jihoon doesn't have breakdowns often but when he does they definitely take over everything.

during the months that the two lived together soonyoung realized how stressed jihoon would get with the three majors he taking.

but the words he heard made him rethink how hard jihoon works.

"im going to drop astronomy and dance"

soonyoung could feel his heart break, he knows how much jihoon loves talking about the stars. jihoon would talk to soonyoung for hours about random things, babbling about the sky and earth, and sometimes, just his day.

"why?" was all he could muster and jihoon looked down, the blonde was standing right at the edge of the roof, the wind blew harshly around them and soonyoung was close enough to catch jihoon if he were to fall. "why give up on the things you love?"

jihoon began sobbing, this breakdown was the worst one soonyoung had ever seen. he couldn't handle all of it and how worrying it was. "why do i work so hard when no one cares about me?!" jihoon yelled, swaying slightly, teetering on the edge.

"people do care about you!" soonyoung yelled back over the wind and took a step closer to jihoon, scared he would tip over and fall.

"then where are they? i feel so insignificant because theres millions of stars and planets, nothing matters! we found out that surprise, surprise, the universe doesn't revolve around us! the entire galaxy is out there and yet we still act like its only us. billions of people live on planet earth and yet we are still alone here. just us."

jihoons voice wavered slightly. "its only ever been us, soonyoung" he got quieter and soonyoung found himself crying as well.

"its only ever been you" jihoon cried and turned to the older, hopping off of the ledge and running into soonyoungs arms, sobbing into his black shirt. "im sorry, im sorry, im so so sorry" he repeated over and over, clutching the soft fabric.

soonyoung pursed his lips and gently patted jihoons back, drawing small shapes. "its okay" he mumbled and ran his hands through jihoons hair gently, "its fine jihoonie, because its just us and its okay"

honestly?

it really wasn't okay.

-

soonyoung glanced down at his vibrating phone, the feeling of the vibrations on his pillow started to annoy his relaxing time with jihoon.

the blonde lay in between soonyoungs legs, taking his turn to eat from the ramen cup they were eating together. he was focused on the movie that played on the laptop that sat on his legs.

"what?" soonyoung answered.

"hey hyung, theres a party going on at the first floor of dorm building f, wanna join?"

soonyoung didnt respond, did he really want to leave jihoon in such an unstable state? at the same time he knew that jihoon would insist he go out and have some fun.

"maybe. give me time and ill decide"

"bring jihoon of you want"

"okay"

soonyoung hung up and looked down at jihoon, the boy had his head on soonyoungs chest and no doubt felt soonyoungs heart race at the sight of him.

"hey jihoon"

the blonde looked up at soonyoung, "yeah?" he asked quietly.

"wanna go somewhere with me?"

-

soonyoung looked down at the time and sighed. they decided to walk to a waffle shop nearby but turned out it took them an hour to walk there. time passed and they had just ordered. it was already one in the morning and there they were, eating waffles like nothing happened.

jihoon smiled and talked to soonyoung about nonsense, although it was what they usually did. jihoon would tell soonyoung about his day and the older would only pay attention to jihoons pink lips that he oh so badly wanted to kiss.

"so love joy has attracted even more attention and alot of people around school said they would confess that day and honestly i found that really cute" jihoon waved his silver fork at soonyoung.

the older nodded, a plan formed in his head and he decided that love joy would solve everything for him.

soonyoung took bites of his waffle and let jihoon keep talking. he wasn't lying when he said it feels like heaven when jihoon talks.

"eat up, hoon. im tired and its going to take a while to get home" soonyoung spoke up to silence him for a bit.

jihoon nodded and smiled, "okay!" he said and started eating quckly.

this is so short yall im sorry

celeste