016. Happy Ending

·:*:·゚☆。Johnny:

I enjoy her company, and she makes me feel better about myself. Since she's a fan, I believe she likes me back, but who knows? Maybe Kenzie, since they're sisters, right? I like Kenzie too. She was - no - is the reason I'm here now, and I will never be able to repay her.

"Do you think Maddie likes me?" I asked again. She started to fiddle with her thumbs nervously

"Well, she fantasizes about you 24/7. You have a great probability "

"Great!" I say, giving Kenzie a quick hug.

"No problem." She sighed. After the surprisingly short hug, we head out the building to our families awaiting us. I walk out the building, and immediately get bombarded with hugs.

"My twin brother is Juan!" She screamed excitedly

"Yeah, we discovered that on the phone," I croaked, after being squeezed hardly by my sister who finally releases the bonecrushing hug.

"Well, even though we can't get married, at least my twin brother is famous!"

"Right." I said slowly

"Hey, I'm having a party this weekend! I'd love for you to sing there." Her sister Maddie said to me with a smile.

"My first gig? I'd be honored!" I reply back.

"Yep! It'll cost ten an hour," Lauren says playing my manager.

"Do well and we'll see," she says in response.

"Deal. Where's mom and dad?" I ask.

Lauren smirks. "We aren't supposed to tell you, but they're planning a surprise party for you! Dad is so proud and mom literally cried!" Lauren spills, receiving and eye roll from Maddie.

"Wow," I say in awe. I'm speechless.

We finally get into the car and drive off. I really can't believe they were so proud of me. After everything that happened, they never gave up on me. After everything that happened. Everything he did. I think back to Jimmy at the sleepover at Hayden's when he grabbed my arm. I swallow hard and remember what happened after he did so.

...

*flashback to right after jimmy released johnny's arm*

I try to run away, but I hear a pair of footsteps running behind me. My breathing hitches as I'm tackled to the floor, my hands being pinned above my head. My eyes lock with Jimmy's starving one and I wince in pain and horror.

"Do you know why they don't mention me?" He growls through gritted teeth.

"No! I don't!" I cry.

"Me and your mother dated in high school," he explains, shoving me against the wall. I groan at the sharp pain that shoots through my hip.

"He-"

But I'm cut off by a scratchy hand covering my mouth.