Aftermath

I also wanted to post 2 parts to all my fanfics to make up for not updating for a while, I kinda got busy and forgot to update after camp. I will try to update once before school starts on the 5th because after that I will be extremely busy with dance, school/homework, and 2 different clubs.  

"Hey, so, are you and Mark okay?" He asked and I looked a little scared.

"Yeah... why do you ask hyung?"

"It's just... you two have been a little distant this past week and Mark seems a little more quiet than usual," Jaebum said.

"I... you're right..." I said, not able to lie to our leader, hyung, and brother. "Mark and I are fine, but Mark himself isn't... he... he's depressed..."

"What do you mean?"

"His grandmother died, and he isn't doing too well with it. It has hit him hard. I got him to open up to me, but he also keeps shrinking into himself."

"I... I don't know what to say... why didn't he tell us?"

"He doesn't want to be a burden to the group. He thinks he has to be 'the strong hyung' for us, which I understand, but he needs to realize he can lean on us too."

"Should we talk to him?"

"No... I will..." I said, knowing that there was a lot more than just his grandmother we had to talk about...

"Good, just... tell him we are here for him."

"I will," I said and left to our shared room.

"Hey, Mark?" I asked as I entered our room and saw him laying on his bed.

"Hey Gaga," He said sitting up to look at me. We looked at each other for what felt like forever, not knowing what to say. "Something up?"

"Yeah... we need to talk..."

"About...?" 

"You know what..."

"Oh. That. Right." He said and I sat down next to him.

"Look, can we move past it? I am sorry for doing that to you. I know that it wasn't fair to just do that to you. I just thought it would shut you up... get you out of that destructive head of yours..."

"I understand. Just, answer this for me..." Mark said and hesitated, knowing this question would change everything, for better or worse. "Did you mean it...?"

"Yes... no... honestly... I don't know..." I said, but I felt like I did know. I always felt drawn to him in a way I wasn't with any of my friends or the other members, but I didn't know what it meant until I kissed him. It felt meant to be and it was then I figured out what I felt for the tall American next to me and it was pure love.

"Well, maybe, while you figure it out, we can just go back to being friends."

"Yes, no awkwardness," I said and he nodded in response. "That isn't all though..."

"What do you mean?"

"Your grandmother..." I said and he looked down. "I know you are upset and that you are the oldest hyung and want to act tough, but you have to drop the act every once in a while and know that you can lean on us too when you need it."

"... you're right..." he said, but he didn't look at me. 

"Look at me," I said and it took him a second before he did. "We are here for you."

"Okay." He said and leaned over and put his head on my shoulder. "I missed your touches, our closeness. It sent me down a dark path."

"I know... I could tell. If I didn't find out when I did, I don't even wanna what you would have done to yourself."

"That's why I told you, without you, I couldn't survive my own mind."

"I'm glad you can lean on me."

"Me too."