The Discovery

- Nightmares Pov -

I flipped a page in my book and continued to read, slightly leaning back against the soft couch cushions, my tentacles laid passively behind and to the sides of me.

Dust had arrived after his week-long trip, away from us. Where? He wouldn't tell anyone. Probably because he would want to go back whenever he needed another break. Not that he hated us enough to need one, but he decided he wanted to 'Explore the AU', as he said.

Dust and Horror had been talking non-stop ever since he came back. Though surprisingly, they were quietly playing videogames upstairs in one of the rooms at the moment, leaving me with the peace and quiet of the livingroom.

Killer, Cross and Reaper have been gone for a few hours now. I sent them off to get the star sanses and bring them here, for my own reasons, and they still haven't returned.

....Did they hit an obstacle?

Impossible. They might be idiots, but they were smart enough to capture the shorties that made up my brothers group. Maybe they did trip up somewhere, but they'll figure it out on their own.

I heard Dust and Horror run downstairs, laughing a bit. "No fair, I want the chips!" Dust playfully argued. They were heading to the kitchen for snacks before they continued to play their game. I flinched as I heard a faint noise coming from the basement.

Error.

How did I forget?

A few hours ago, I had punished Error for staying with the star sanses, then left him passed out in the basement. To be completely honest, I did feel bad. But Error needs to learn who his leader is. Who his boss is.

Talking from the kitchen indicated that Dust and Horror had probably heard the noise, and were debating on who should go down the basement and check it out.

I froze.

Dropping my book on the floor, I jumped up and ran to the kitchen to see Dust was about to leave, Horror following close behind. They both stopped as they saw me, sharing confused looks as they saw slight panic on my face.

"Is something wrong, Nightmare?" Dust asked, looking slightly worried. I shook my head quickly, rubbing the back of my neck in embarrassment. "No..." I managed to keep myself from studdering. "I just... Wanted to check the basement out for myself, actually." I half-lied. I wanted to see if Error was really awake, and kinda if he was ok.

Horror seemed confused. "You heard the noise too?" He questioned. Dust looked at me with a bit of a glare, probably wondering if I was lying. I felt my tentacles twitch uncomfortably as I felt his glare harden. "Y-yes!" I lightly gasped, realising I had stopped breathing for a bit there.

Why was I so on edge? I had punished group members before, how was Error any different? And wasn't I the boss? Why didn't I just demand for them to shut up and go back to their videogames?

Horror seemed to nod, believing me completely, but Dust still seemed wary. "Oh! Let's go down the basement together and look around!" Horror announced the idea, seemly feeling better about exploring since I was going with them now. Well, that's what he thought anyway.

"Actually-" I was cut off by Horror running off towards the basement with Dust in tow. I wanted to tell them that I could figure out where that noise came from by myself, but apparently Horror was now hyped to explore.

I stumbled over my feet as I tried to catch up with them, only making it over once we were starting to walk down the basement steps. I decided to keep quiet, following them and hoping that Error had enough magic left to have teleported to his room upstairs and out of the basement.

We trekked along silently, the only noise being our three pairs of footsteps gently hitting the cold, hard concrete floor. I thought about how big this basement was the last time I was here, before a noise could be heard, slightly echoing off the walls.

I froze, along with Dust and Horror.

It sounded like a wimper.

I immediately knew it was Error. I went to stop Dust and Horror from walking any further, but realised I was too late when I heard Horror gasp at what he saw, Dust right beside him.

"E-Error?..."

Error was chained to the wall, his wrists bruised and raw from the cuffs around them. Blood was all around him. On the floor, wall, and stained into his clothes. Most of it was dried up like it had been this way for awhile, adding to Dust and Horrors shock.

The poor glitchy, black-boned skeleton was sitting against the wall, very tired and seemingly numb to everything at the moment. He winced everytime he moved, causing Horror, the one closest to him, to flinch whenever Error tried to get up.

I couldn't get myself to look away from him. 'I did this.' I told myself, as if scolding a child for doing something bad.

I flinched and looked away as Error lifted his head up and looked at me, his eyes half-lidded. "I-It's ok, Error..." Horror mumbled softly, started to quickly break away at the restrains around Errors wrists, and I let him. I felt Dust glaring at me, making my tentacles twitch uncomfortably. I decided it would be best to leave now, explain later.

I teleported to the livingroom to grab my book, and then teleported upstairs into my room.

I laid my book beside me and sighed loudly, closing my eye and mumbling harsh words to myself.

Why did I hurt Error?

I felt my face slightly heat up as I repeated his name in my head.

Error.

I love you.

- Killers Pov -

I winced as Dream let out another wimper, struggling in an attempt to get to Blue, who was lying unconscious in Cross' arms. Ink was being held by Reaper, the Gods magic lowered so he wouldn't kill the Creator. I continued to walk, carrying Dream in my arms. The star sanses all had their hands and feet tied up to prevent escape, but they weren't blindfolded or anything, so they could see where we were headed.

I looked down at the small, shivering Dream in my arms. It felt wrong to kidnap them, but once you get an order from Nightmare, you must do as he says. Unless, of course, you want to be thrown across the room or choked to death by his tentacles.

I heard myself break the silence, glancing over at Cross who walked beside me, seeing Reaper behind us in the corner of my eye. "Hey, Cross? Do you think Dusts back at the mansion yet?" I almost mumbled, like it was supposed to be a thought instead of a question. To my surprise, I received an answer. "Actually... By now, yeah. I hope, anyway. If he is back, I can't wait to hear about his trip." Cross seemed a bit happier about going to the mansion now, as a small smile made its way across his face.

I felt myself smile aswell, only slightly noticing the curious gaze of Reaper as he listened to us talk about our friend. "Heh, I bet Horror and him are talking non-stop about it." I laughed a bit, thinking about them annoying the heck out of Nightmare.

Oh, wait! Nightmare!

"Can't you just imagine Nightmares face?" I laughed, all tension gone. Cross blushed softly at the mention of the goopy skeleton. "Hehe, yeah...."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Word count: 1280!

A/N: I hope you liked the chapter! It's much closer to the previous chapter, even if it's still spaced out awhile. I'm sorry about that- anyway, have a great day/night!