A month later

"Did you get bread?" I asked Adrien, avoiding my letter on the table from Matte. Matte is one of the most popular fashion companies in the world and they needed new recruits for fresh ideas and energy. I had applied to work there, sending over a decent portfolio for their design department.
"Yea check at the back of the fridge babe" he shouted from upstairs.
Popping two slices of bread into the toaster and mashing up an avocado in a bowl, I could see the letter in the corner of my eye and it could definitely see me.

As I was eating my avocado toast Adrien came running downstairs.
"Which one?" He asked me, holding up a white button up shirt and a green t-shirt.
"Definitely white. Where did you even get that green shirt? Yucky!" I replied, laughing as crumbs fell onto my lap.
"I quite liked it thank you. I'm super hyped for my first photo shoot" he said, squeezing my hands with glee.
"My model boyfriend" I replied, over exaggerating like he was chosen to be the sexiest man of the year. He should be.
"Are you going to open the letter then?" he questioned, twirling his fingers through my hair.
"I guess. I'll read it out loud" I replied, biting my bottom lip as I opened the letter.
"Dear Miss Dupain-Cheng, we have received hundreds of applications to work for Matte and there were some outstanding portfolios for sure. It was a hard decision but I'm sorry, you will not be working for us" I read as disappointment flooded though my brain. I didn't even want to finish it.
"Fuck them anyway" Adrien said, grabbing a lighter from the kitchen drawer and setting the letter alight, stepping on it.
I started laughing.
"What are you doing Adrien?" I giggled, wiping my tears.
"Doing what should be done. If they can't see how wonderful you are, then they don't deserve you."
Adrien went off to his photo shoot and I walked to the cinema for work. It was boring here since here Adrien quit to follow his supermodel dream.

I was working in the kitchen today, so at least I wouldn't have to socialise as I wasn't in the mood.
"Hi Marinette, how is everything going back here?" Luka said leaning against the door.
"Good thank yo-" I had dropped someone's burger on the floor.
"Here let me help you" he said, picking up soggy lettuce and dumping it into his hands, then into the bin.
"Thanks Luka I'm so sorry" I replied, all hot and flustered.
"No problem. We all have our moments. How are you and Adrien?" he asked as he mopped the floor and I washed my hands.
"Great thanks" I answered, drying my hands.
"I'm not trying to intrude but it's a bit unfair that he left you here to be famous or whatever" he said, putting the mop away.
"I think it's nice that he's doing that. I even applied to work at Matte because I love designing clothes" I replied, turning around to see Luka a millimetre away from me, hot breath tingling on my skin.
"Uhm. I didn't get in but I still tried" I said as I stepped back, tears welling up in my eyes. I'm a failure

Luka wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his work apron. Adrien gets what he wants, so why can't I?