The Akea Society

Silence. Silence for 9 months of pregnancy so far. As far as the people of Akea were concerned, I was one of them and the Queen of Akea. We were having a baby boy and after months of aimlessly fighting Zeidan, I had given up and gotten used to my new life in the castle.

We had a public appearance today as husband and wife which I was not looking forward to as usual. Every time we made one, Zeidan would slide his cold hands around my waist and sometimes force me to give him a kiss on the cheek with magic. Everyone was thrilled that I was giving birth to the next king of Akea but me. How could I tell them? I couldn't even speak and they'd probably kill me if I exposed Zeidans plan.

"Any day now! I'm so proud of my wife for remaining strong and I can't wait to meet our baby boy" Zeidan proclaimed to the people. There it was again, his hand wrapped around my waist as I internally shivered with fear. This time he forced me to hug him just to mess with me.
"Why doesn't your wife talk?" someone shouted out from the crowd.
"She's extremely shy and only talks to me. Isn't that right precious?" he replied as I subconsciously nodded. Our appearance eventually came to an end after a few more questions and we could return back home.

I stared at myself in the full length mirror in my room. I was wearing a long turquoise dress that flowed like the waves on shore. Calm and beautiful. I caressed my bump which soothed my constant anxiety as I hummed an old Aquaora folk tune.

Down by the sea bed
Mysteries unknown
Darkness and coldness
Withered and oldness
Still life is here
Life always near
Stay sane my child
Though the-

"Crazy and wild. Meek and the mild. Go get some rest, back to our nest" Zeidan sung aloud as he entered my room. How does he even know that?
"I've been spying on your people for years beautiful" he whispered as he knelt down to caress my baby bump. I flinched away from him.
"I see how it is Mari. But that child will be raised to be a king no matter what" Zeidan bitterly whispered.
Tears ran down my plump cheeks as I sat on the carpet in my room. Zeidan glared down at me but suddenly softened his glare.
"Don't get too upset. I don't want to loose our child because of you" he mentioned, kneeling down on the floor with me. I pushed him away.
Moments like these are where Zeidan sometimes let me speak for a bit.
"Why won't you let me go" I shouted, hysterically crying as he just stared at me.
"I don't want to" he demanded.
"I'm not yours to KEEP. If you just want my child then let me go after I give birth" I mumbled under my breath. There was a prolonged silence.
"But I still love you" Zeidan whispered. He shifted closer and pressed his lips against my cheek, looked into my eyes, then rushed out my room all flustered.
I was about to throw up. This is not love.